• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Digger the Russian Tort!

Hrtofau2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
Since I am still looking for the right feathered friend to join the family, I figured I should post a few of my animals that I currently have in my home. The first of which would be Digger. Digger is a Russian Tortoise who we have had two years. He was full grown when we got him, and his age is unknown. Here he is enjoying one of the first really warm days of Spring.
digger.jpg

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
How adorable..!! I love torts~~ I found one the size of a quarter in a canal near the house
I grew up in and the lil stinker grew to be enormous...he/she would follow me around the
yard for a piece of raw meat...jaja...:D

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hes sooo cute, my mom has a desert tortoise named Digger, hes like a little dog in a shell, and boy is he smart!!!

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
Digger is our escape artist. You would think that torts are slow right? NOPE. Digger found his way into places in such shorts amounts of times you would think he was a rabbit! We are still working on a "Digger proof" outside enclosure so he can enjoy natural sunlight. =)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
he is GORGEOUS

Taytortots

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Taylor
What a cute little guy. I love tortoises, so handsome.
My uncle has one named Dave, i'm not sure what kind he is though xD

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Awe he's a cutie! I really want a sulcatta. But I figure I need a farm somewhere warm and I'll get a whole herd of them and they can live outside since they get so freaking big!

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
Awe he's a cutie! I really want a sulcatta. But I figure I need a farm somewhere warm and I'll get a whole herd of them and they can live outside since they get so freaking big!
And OMG can they eat!!! Digger can be bad enough at times. He can eat his way through 2 large handfuls of goodies in no time flat! Then acts like hes starving and hasnt eaten in months....:rolleyes:. Sulcattas are pretty, and I love how big they get. I would LOVE one as well. When we picked Digger out the kids wanted the "Little" torts....of course it was a baby Sulcatta, I told them no way that the little baby would grow up to be big enough for them to ride one. Of course the response to that was "OH COOL!" :rofl:

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
He is gorgeous!

Id love to see videos showing his personality!

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
Awww!Digger is adorable! Love torties!:heart:
Recently someone stole my friend's daughter's slider and he was returned a week later with 666 across his shell in permanent marker.:mad:

Somebirdie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Awww!Digger is adorable! Love torties!:heart:
Recently someone stole my friend's daughter's slider and he was returned a week later with 666 across his shell in permanent marker.:mad:
Terrible they stole and graffitied him :(
Im guessing 666 means they found him to be badly behaved compared to what they anticipated? Im very impressed they at least returned him vs harming him or letting him go

tozie12

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
oh wow! he's so absolutely adorable! i used to have a red footed tortise. he started out my daughter's but she wasnt caring for him properly so i 'repossessed' him. ;) she named him Sunni (the guy at the store told us he was a she... he wasnt :huh: ) but i just called him 'turlebutt'. and you are so right! he would RUN round this house and loved to forage for dropped parrot pellets and other tasty morsels. but he was unhappy, he would walk round looking for a mate so i gave him back to the store where, last i heard, he had his own little harem. :rolleyes:

and tikilola, that is absolutely awful. people just have no sense of morality, both stealing this animal and writing on it as if it were just an inanimate object. :mad:

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
I was surprised she got him back too. He was dehydrated but is fine now.

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
And OMG can they eat!!! Digger can be bad enough at times. He can eat his way through 2 large handfuls of goodies in no time flat! Then acts like hes starving and hasnt eaten in months....:rolleyes:. Sulcattas are pretty, and I love how big they get. I would LOVE one as well. When we picked Digger out the kids wanted the "Little" torts....of course it was a baby Sulcatta, I told them no way that the little baby would grow up to be big enough for them to ride one. Of course the response to that was "OH COOL!" :rofl:
That's my exact reasoning ;)

quazy4quakers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Olivia
My brother has one named Goonter she is guessed to be about 50 years old.