• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Difference in gender?

Kimberla

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
My Umbrella is a terror right now. He is so hormonal it is crazy! I have had 2 pretty bad bites from him lately. He is going to be 12 in July. I took him to the vet to see if there was something she could do to slow him up a little. She just shook her head. They can help the females thru the "season" but not much to do for the males. I miss having him out to play, but I don't trust him on my hand right now.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
My Umbrella is a terror right now. He is so hormonal it is crazy! I have had 2 pretty bad bites from him lately. He is going to be 12 in July. I took him to the vet to see if there was something she could do to slow him up a little. She just shook her head. They can help the females thru the "season" but not much to do for the males. I miss having him out to play, but I don't trust him on my hand right now.
I can relate. Milton is in his third week of "silly season", as I call it...very hormonal, extremely edgy. Lovey-dovey one minute, then ready to charge the next.

All we can do is hang in there...and hang on...nature will call the shots, as always...