• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Diarrhea?

RachelM

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rachel Mayrhofer
Hi, my Pepper seems to be having a quite liquidy stool, with a small amount of urate, and a little more urine than usual. Will attempt to attach photo. How can I get him hydrated? He doesn't eat produce yet. Thank you.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Has he eaten anything watery lately, or did he take a bath? Also, being startled can make his poops more runny. Does it get less watery as the day goes on? You can give him leafy greens like cilantro and dark lettuce to help him stay hydrated. Is he drinking more water than usual? Has he been in for a check up lately?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Also, if he gets excited his droppings might become more watery. However, they should return to normal quickly. For instance, when I would get home from work, my tiel would typically have a watery dropping because he was excited that I was home. Then they would go back to normal. Are all of your tiel's droppings watery?