• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dexter's already showing his true colors!

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Today, day two, Dexter has let us know that he has lungs! And he's letting us know as often as possible. He also says 'shut up', so I'm sure his previous owners couldn't handle his vocalizations.

Dexter is a huge people bird, and I'm saddened that he's unable to fly to us whenever he'd like to. Trying to set up boundaries that will hopefully help improve upon his need to vocalize for us. Hopefully once he's out of quarantine and is able to be an integral part of his new flock things will be better for him.

Wish our aviary was built. Lots of start date delays by our contractor.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Well, good to know Dexter is settling in so quickly- even if it's loudly. ;)

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh, it's loud, all right! He's louder than Shaylor, my miligold!
Dexter is quite the attention hog. Whenever I put him back on his perch and leave the room, he sounds the alarm. I only return to him when he's quiet, so hopefully that'll help over time.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Today, day two, Dexter has let us know that he has lungs!
But that must means that he is in good condition? :D Lungs are important for later become a great flyer.
Dexter is a huge people bird, and I'm saddened that he's unable to fly to us whenever he'd like to.
He will learn. I'm sure of that. He is so young. Just keep his muscles to grow strong until his feathers are back.
So sad that people don't understand that they need to fly to be independent. All he can do now is screaming for attention. :(
I'm so happy that he is with you now. Once he's quarantine is over he will also have a flock to interact and talk too.
Then you will forget how loud he was in the beginning too. :)