• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Devastated.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I am so sorry for your loss.

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
So sorry for your loss. Give your other tiel lots of attention as you both grieve to help him cope. I also agree you should try to find a new home for the kitty.

datlamb

Sprinting down the street
i'm so sorry for your loss :(

as others said, this is a time to learn from your mistakes . moving the cage to a harder to reach place from the cats is a good step. be mindful of closing and opening doors. make sure the door to the birds is always closed, lock it at night if needed.
even if the others cats are nice and haven't done anything they are still predators. it's best to keep them away at all times.

be there for your cockatiel now. you both need each other.

please update us on how things go

tielluver

Strolling the yard
Real Name
pat pritchard
So sorry for your loss. We had a cockatiel that flew away, and his mate saw him fly out. She was devastated for 2 days, would not come off the ceiling fan, calling for him all day. Finally she came down, depressed, stayed in the cage for over a month. They always had a mirror in their cage but she never bothered with it, but I sat talking to her, telling her how much we miss him and we know she does too, and sometimes I tapped my finger on the mirror, after a while she noticed it and started kissing it, chirping to it too. These things seem to have helped her get over her depression, and she started coming to me again. I agree too, please don't abandon the cat. Find him a home. Your bird will come around if you pay extra attention to him, but keep in mind if you get another cockatiel they may not get along, but I have found most of the time they do as they are pretty mellow. If you do get another one, might be a good idea to get a separate cage for him/her. Then if they want to be together or apart you will know, and neither one of the birds will be upset.Even if they do get along good sometimes they want their own space. I wish you well, Pat