• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dented Beak

Nadine786E

Moving in
Real Name
Nadine
Hi All.

I need some help, my Cockatiel (3 Months old) dented her beak playing in her cage. I see where the dent is, is becoming dirty and normal lukewatm water is not cleaning it. What else can i use that is safe for her?

Thanks

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
:greet13: :welave:
Hi!
Most minor beak wounds I leave alone and they recover well.

For this picture, I just can't see it clearly enough . Can you share another?

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
It's still hard for me to tell how deep. But most times it's best to leave beak alone.

Can you share pictures of feet feet legs ? I thought I might have seen gout crystal..which would be so young to have ... probably some trick of the light .

But diet is important. Offering Leafy lettuce like romaine, mustard greens, human grade dandelion greens, kale, Swiss Chard , bok choy. As well as carrots, broccoli, squash , sweet potato, peppers there are more sage veggies lists out there. Start offering, and expect waste or time to get good at eating veggies.

Nadine786E

Moving in
Real Name
Nadine
Hi, Thanks for the advice,

The dent itself is not very deep, also did not bleed when she got hurt, It basically looks like a scratch of some sort. Attached some photos of the legs and feet.

She has only been getting a healthy diet, steamed as well as raw veggies and healthy seeds and pallets. She still also gets her Avian porridge once a day.

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Good diet ! Great that beak never bled, Shoud heal quick then

Wanted to look at hocks . But probably nothing, being so young and great diet , might just be shadow or highlights I thought I saw

Nadine786E

Moving in
Real Name
Nadine
Thank You so much for the advise and help, I am a bit paranoid when it comes to her. Do you think I can add a little salt to the water when cleaning or should I leave the beak to heal on its own?

Last edited:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Thank You so much for the advise and help, I am a bit paranoid when it comes to her. I will leave the beak to heal on its own.
Well you found they right group ! We all ,well definitely me speaking for me , get nervous too! They hold our hearts for sure

Nadine786E

Moving in
Real Name
Nadine
This is very true, and she is also my very first birdie, got her when she was about 3 weeks old. Did not think I was going to get her to here.