• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Delete Comment

Cockatielhour

Meeting neighbors
I left a comment on a thread with pictures, I leave it up for a time and then delete them after a while so I don't have social media photos everywhere. I do this for facebook and instagram and anything else that shows pictures. I recently put pictures up and went back to delete them but noticed I could not edit my comment (after it times out) or delete my photos. How can we delete our own personal photos?

Thanks.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We have a certain amount of time to remove photos before that option ends. After that, you will have to contact one of the administrators to ask if the photos(s) can be removed.

Cockatielhour

Meeting neighbors
Ok, well that helps me better understand. I don't think I'll be posting many photos here on out if I can't control when they get taken down. :( But that's just something I needed to know.

Thanks.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your tiels are adorable! I have two males.

Cockatielhour

Meeting neighbors
Thanks! They love each other. My male can't be in a room without her. He follows her around like a puppy dog. I confuse the crap out of the vet because if one of them gets sick I have to take both otherwise he stresses too much about being away from her. She on the other hand could care less.

You're amazon is a cutie! How old?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I left a comment on a thread with pictures, I leave it up for a time and then delete them after a while so I don't have social media photos everywhere. I do this for facebook and instagram and anything else that shows pictures. I recently put pictures up and went back to delete them but noticed I could not edit my comment (after it times out) or delete my photos. How can we delete our own personal photos?

Thanks.

Well you're being rather naive my friend. Just because "you" delete something doesn't mean it's gone. FB, instagram or any other place you post is a public place. If your pictures are worth stealing they "will" be stolen the moment you put them up. These big social networks (any/all of them) cache your information and data (and sell it). You may not see it but it's not gone.