• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Dehydrated Conure

Rachel R.

Checking out the neighborhood
My conures bowl was not not refilled with water. I am in desperate need of advise. He is drinking now. He has been offered water several times. He regurgitated water and food after his first couple drinks. He has passed a poop twice second one more fluids. I don’t know how often I should offering water. It is in his low/small cage. I have the K&H heater next to the cage so he will be warm. I don’t know if he’s drinking enough or too much!?! He has some energy but is exhausted/tired. Please, any advise would be greatly appreciated. I called the vet hospital. They said that if he is drinking just let him be in his cage. Will he get too hot with the heater in a small space or should the heater be a perfect temperature and I should cover it with a light cloth? He did shake several times earlier. Online said he could have seizures until he is properly hydrated or lay result
in death. He seems to have some strength. I appreciate any advise given. I’ll never forgive myself for the suffering this has caused.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hello Rachel,

How long was he without water?

If you are unsure about the room temperature, get a thermometer to measure. Keep the room around 70 degrees.

@Sarahmoluccan Please could you move this to the emergency forum so other members see it clearer ❤

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
As his second poop was wetter it does look as if he's going to be fine.
How did this happen? Our birbs should have free continuous access to fresh water, refreshed a few times a day.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Please show us a photo of your birds cage. Why dont you put 2water dishes in cage?