• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dear Loud Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
If we have a "Letters to your bird" section, I'll be happy to move this there.

Dear Jasper,

I am sorry that I have to work seven straight days of 8pm-8am overnight shifts at the hospital. Trust me, I am not doing it solely to irritate you, but to ensure us both a steady income and living arrangements in the future. I understand that it does inconvenience you because your showers, out time, and scritches time have been cut in to. I especially appreciate that you have been mostly quiet while I try to sleep during the day, which is impossible to start with.

However, screaming the entire time I see you does not make me more likely to stay home. I am already giving you more treats and foraging toys in an effort to keep you occupied. Screaming non-stop, as per our previously arranged understanding, means that I will leave the room and hang out with the budgies instead. Next week, your flapping exercise program will be reinstated, but for now, could you consider actually chewing any of the huge assortment of toys available to you?

I love you, you ridiculous loud bird, but I am exhausted and I assure you that I hate this as much as you do. There are only two days left. Please hang in there with me since I am running out of parrot pot-pie, amazon a'la'orange and other similar threats to keep me amused whilst you're screaming.

Love,
Sharpie

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
:eek: :faint: I would send him off to boarding school for the week! :hehe: (j/k of course ;))

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
It's a good thing parrots can't write or I think there would be a lot of nasty letters in this section. Boy would we get an earful.

Too bad they can't write. The tremendous insight we would get!! :)

Bethany

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
Haha, I can relate ;)
I so wish we could get letters from out parrots.. It would be nice if they came with a minute by minute everything-you-need-to-know about me book. Maybe some day :p

mrstweet

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Love it. Good luck....things will look up.

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
LOVE IT! I hate my ten hour days, and my birds do too!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
:hug8: Sharpie!
Parrot pot pie!:rofl:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hug8:

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Oh Sharpie, I feel your pain. Max is on his "WHAT?" and "TUCK" and "GO GO GO GO GO" shouting spree right now. I'm so glad I'm not trying to sleep. Is 50 degrees still too cold to move the cages outside for a bit? Sigh......Hope you are able to get through the next two days.

I do like the idea of a Letter's section To Our Birds. How fun would that be. And on days like you are having, misery does like company.

Christina71

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Christina
My lovies are not being any louder than normal, but I know how you feel about the long hours...I've been doing a lot of 12 hour days lately and I hate that I can't give the birdies as much attention or out of cage time.
The good news is that with all the overtime, I can now "reward" myself by ordering more toy parts and special foods for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.