• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dealing with rude encounters....WTD

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I take Sydney out, but only to quiet places, hikes up mountains etc. because I have a tough time dealing with the idiots that appear when I walk my dog. Lots of grabbing hands coming at his face alllllll the timmmeeeee. Sidenote, he does not like that. He doesn´t like being touched by strangers at all and he hates when people lean in all of a sudden, fingers spread, palm down, to try stroking his head. He likes to sniff peoples hands, palm up, low down. But don´t be fooled, he will stiff them and still reject them touching him.

HolliDaze

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Some people just don't understand boundaries. When our family dog was alive, people would allow their off-leash dogs to run up to her and sniff her. Mind you, this was a senior Pit Bull who wasn't the most social. It always aggravated me that people say 'oh, my dogs are friendly.' Yeah, but my dog IS NOT. One guy was walking his three dogs off-leash and of course, they had to sniff her and she snapped, grabbing one of the Jack Russells and flinging it in the street. I called the guy to get his stupid dogs, and he said everything was okay. Dude, control your animals! Then, he had the nerve to reach out and try to pet Precious, the dog, and she snapped at him. Luckily, he pulled away quickly and kept his fingers, but I told him that she's not socialized or people-friendly. On top of that, he didn't even ask, he just assumed he could pet her.
Even though she's gone now, I still see that same guy walking his three dogs without a leash everyday, allowing them to run up to random dogs at their leisure. Some people just shouldn't have animals.
I swear, they taught me to ask before touching dogs in preschool.

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
So today at the local flea market we surprisingly only had two of our flock. Cotton and Warlord. The day had gone great (I consider a great outing where I get less than 5 people invading my personal bubble), till about an hour and half into our flea market visit. That was till I made an unfortunate decision to stop and look at vendor A’s water goggle selection. Now mind you I avoid any vendor with political jargon displayed. I don’t want nor need to get into a loosing debate. Neither side comes out with a changed outlook.
So the vendor walks over and his first response was to tell me how much his goggles were and being happy with the price I wasn’t even going to haggle. THAN he looked at Warlord and proceeded to not just get into his personal space but than asked Warlord to say “Trump 2020” Warlords reply was “Whoop Whoop that’s the sound of the police” (it’s from Angry Birds) I proceeded to snort and told Warlord “perfect timing”. This proceeded to apparently was the que to unleash the inner A-Hole or Vendor A. Which didn’t set well with Cotton who informed him “I don’t like you, it’s time to bite you”
I told him that’s my cue to leave, I’ll pass on the goggles.” This idiot decided that he needed to continue with his word vomit and grabbed my shoulder. Cotton took offense and bit the fire out of him. Cotton than proceeded to unleash her own wing flapping and cursing combined with laughter”
We all three walked off laughing at Vendor As stupid life decision.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
God help me, hubby and I (plus fids) are moving to FL in either June or July at the very latest. And I don't think I'm going to be very popular ....

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Therein lies the dilemma. We've got family in Tallahassee and in Melbourne and we're trying not to favour one family over the other. Both have grandchildren. Fred was looking for rentals in Lake City but since this last visit is considering suburbs of Jacksonville and/or St. Augustine.

Any input from anyone would be helpful.

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
Therein lies the dilemma. We've got family in Tallahassee and in Melbourne and we're trying not to favour one family over the other. Both have grandchildren. Fred was looking for rentals in Lake City but since this last visit is considering suburbs of Jacksonville and/or St. Augustine.

Any input from anyone would be helpful.
I LOVE Citrus County. Its south of Tallahassee and about -.5 hours north of Tampa, hour away from Orlando, and 3.5 from Melbourne. There is nearly a festival a month it seems. Floral City is having there Strawberry Festival. Crystal River just had our Manatee festival. Just tons of things to do here. Crime rate is low, and you get four seasons here. The breeze off the Gulf makes the summers enjoyable.

Attachments