• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dark spots on heels and feet?

David Sean

Meeting neighbors
do amazons have dark patches on the heel and feet sometimes?

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
David
Ive read your other thread about your saga with your Zons feet. Mine doesnt have any dark patches on her feet. I seen she has natural perches, how is her diet?
My only other advice would be how often do you bathe her? My yellow nape Lucy starts acting itchy if he doesnt get a bath for 3 or 4 days. We try to shower her at least 2 times a week. She would bathe daily if we had the time.

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
Hi David..........is your bird a rescue or an older bird? Just wondering if there might be a history of poor nutrition and poor housing that might have happened before you rescued your Zon. Otherwise I guess I would just have a vet check the feet out. I know they need natural perches so their feet don't develop sores on them. Kenny, above, says you have natural perches..........so I guess I would see a vet at this point just to make sure your zon doesn't need some kind of treatment. Maybe someone else will chime in here..........can you take a picture of it? I know it's hard to get our birds to cooperate for pictures.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:greet7:
I doubt it is this simple. But my Zon's feet get discolored from certain fruits & veggie. If I give him red pepper his feet turn red then will change to a lighters color. Are you able to maybe wet thee feet with a sprayer @ all? Just a random thought, I do agree a vet would be the next step.

:sadhug: Rain