• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Daphne is NOT a lap dog..will someone please remind her!

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

Daphne was a surrender that was dropped at my porch one day. Daphne is full blooded 165 lb. St. Bernard that the family just didnt want anymore. Here she lives! So, Daphne doesnt understand that she is a GIANT dog, and sees out 55 lb chow Miko getting into laps, so why cant she right! Well I get pinned down a lot! Last week she wanted me to pet her and she pawwed me right in the eyeball. I thought I would lose an eye. She is massive! Still growing and will be a year old on Halloween.
Here is a pic of Daphne chewing a bone next to my daughter for size comparison. LOL
Here is a pic of our baby Miko, she just turned 4 years old and is the best dog I have ever had!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Crystal what beautiful dogs. I just dont understand people "not wanting" their companions anymore. :sad1:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Oh thats a simple answer. And after years of dealing with stupid people I have come to the conclusion with much help of other relative people that help animals...That people suck..plain and simple!
Yes I love my 4 legged friends, even if i do get crushed, lose my seat on the sofa, and get hair all over my clothing.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
Wow that is a beautiful dog, but a big one! I just love dogs, they love us so unconditionally. I want to kiss Miko! What a sweet face.

ThatDarnBird

Rollerblading along the road
Ahhh! Beautiful dogs.
Try not to think that people suck. It makes you feel bad to think that, and they don't, not all of them. It's hard to know the real reason that animals are surrendered, sometimes it's a situation that they just don't know what to do about and don't realize there's help.

:hug8:You have a big heart and it's wonderful you're letting all these creatures experience it.

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
I like to think most people feel like you do and would never relinquish their pet unless dire circumstances force it.

I love big dogs who think they belong on laps. My standard poodle "sneaks" up one paw at a time until her full weight is there.

Glad you live in Michigan, I'll bet they love the winter.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

HAHHH ya not ALL people suck, but the majority do. hahahah. I hear some good ones daily.
Miko is my gorgeous , super aggressive and over protective true to her breed CHOW! I love her dearly, but she can be pretty scary with company. She knows when people are over she gets put in the bedroom with Daphne. Mostly Daphne because she is so big she may knock an unsuspecting party over trying for a kiss. hhahaha Love the dogs.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Oh how cute!!! :dance4::dance4::dance4:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
He sure is beautiful! He must make a great pillow.

Attachments

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
They are both lovely dogs. What a sad story to just have him left on your porch like that. They are live animals who deserve better.
They could at least have the decency to take them to an organisation that would re-home them. Mind you by leaving him with you they probably worked out he was better off!

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Lol, that is so cute!

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
you know I have discovered that big dogs are often the most cuddly ones of all. My giant german sheperd often pins me down to, and all the scratches on my arms he does completely by accident when he wants to play with me or get my attention. :rofl:

both your babies are beautiful, and your daughter too :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
weowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrthose dogs are stunning..wowwwwwwwwwwwww

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Oh thats a simple answer. And after years of dealing with stupid people I have come to the conclusion with much help of other relative people that help animals...That people suck..plain and simple!
Yes I love my 4 legged friends, even if i do get crushed, lose my seat on the sofa, and get hair all over my clothing.
:laughing6: I just thought that was 'decoration' - have that dog hair trouble here and keep one of those sticky rollers by the door so I can remove it before going anywhere - seems no matter how much you vacuum the house and brush them - a few still get by

your furbutts (what we call ours) are beautiful

we have 3 dachshunds, an english setter, a chow and a black mouth cur here

Sarin

Real Name
Nicole
I know what you mean! I have a big Rottie boy that insists on being a lapdog!

Status
Not open for further replies.