• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

!! Dangerous toys list !!

CallmeSweetie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Andrea
no but you are right I should to prevent it happening to anyone else, i'll do it today and let you know Peachy, its a good idea thanks

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I have a flight suit as well. I can't tell what kind of threading it has (it's in another room). I've never really gotten around to training Sherbie with it. Definitely worth asking the makers to investigate and see if they can't use cotton.

CallmeSweetie

Real Name
Andrea
I've sent them what i put here and just added that i wasn't looking for a refund just to inform and will let you know what they say
btw your signature is one of my favorites it always make me :giggle:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Yeah, that's what I'd do too. Constructive criticism is much better :)

Thank you! I was thinking about changing it since he's been such a naughty booger lately.

CallmeSweetie

Real Name
Andrea
this is what they replied anyway

Hello Andrea,

First off please we are so sorry that your bird had difficulties with the Beach Birdie FlightSuit.

I can see how a loose thread like that would alarm you —and I am relieved that your birdie is safe and sound.

We appreciate your feedback on the Nylon Thread—and I will share this with my staff at our next meeting.

Let me explain two items to you——first off we usually recommend starting off your bird with a normal FlightSuit—not a costume or Avian Attire line—as they do like to nibble and chew until them get used to wearing it.

Secondly, we do highly recommend that your bird be supervised at all times while wearing the Suit —especially while introducing it.

Please try the Zebra or Rainbow FlightSuit—and let us know how that works for your bird.

Again we are truly sorry you had problems and we will await your next email.

Peace, Lorraine Moore at Avian Fashions

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
:bump8:This is such a valuable thread I think we should all be aware of the postings so I am bumping it so to speak. Its not often reviewed because its a sub-forum.

Brandon's-Fids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Brandon
Rocko has actually gotten his foot caught in his flight suit before because of a loose thread I was so scared and so was he and I thought I was gonna hurt his foot and I was looking everywhere for a scissors until I found it and released him.

lunasalix

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Activitoys Dice

The chain links can open with rough play. My lovebird pierced her beak through a link she opened while I was away and had to be taken to a vet to have it removed. This toy could be safe for out-of-cage time with close supervision, but not to be left alone with a bird.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Percy&Ivan Why don't you put a review in yourself asking what the metal is and how a bird could get a foot caught in that small chain.

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Just found this thread and so glad I did! I want to replace the metal chains in the wood toys that Tuki has but nothing seems safe anymore :wideyed:

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
image.jpeg
This morning, I was outside and heard Gracie screaming. I walked in, and she was hanging, with her head through the blue wicker O. Part of the problem was that she panicked, and maybe, lost her footing or ? I will use extra caution in how I use these in the future. I may secure two sides to a grass mat, to avoid her putting her head through.

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Maybe a dumb question, why are we not buying toys from China?

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
China does not have the same stringent safety codes as the US. They use metals (and don't label them) that are banned in the US also at times.

Many of their items are cheaply made using unsafe (for birds) materials. Some are fine, but it's hard (if not impossible) to know what is or isn't safe.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Heck, China's human-grade food isn't even safe, let alone their bird toys!

CharmeC

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
A E Cage Leather Bear With Wood Blocks Toy

My bird got one of her claws caught on the fraying leather and couldn't free herself. I removed the toy and will be throwing out the leather bear shape and recycling the dangling parts.