• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Damn you, fire alarm

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
George was his usual self today until they tested the fire alarm. Usually it's pretty much a silent test but today the fire alarm rang for two minutes. They do a test every month. That was like five hours ago. Ever since George has been timid and pretty still and has sounded his alarm call several times. I had him out and he was just sitting still on me frozen there with a strong grip even hours after the alarm. He was very stressed out. I put him in his cage with some ASMR going from youtube to calm him down. He's in there now.

What can I do next time they do this stupid test so George doesn't freak out, assuming they sound the actual alarm again?

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
THIS is a BIG concern of mine.........I live in a modern condominium building, it has fire alarms, I have two in my unit alone and this is separate from the smoke detectors. Once a year they test the whole building, and it is a half day of long loud alarm testing. next year i will board my birds for 24 hours to avoid them being subject to that. BUT.........every once in awhile those alarms go off because people do stupid things and they are false alarms. My dogs go crazy nuts because of the noise. I am going to have to come up with an emergency exit plan with my birds because I don't think they will be able to tolerate that noise, it's beyond deafening, your ears ring for hours afterwards.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Hoping George is gets back to his happy self soon.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Hopefully they can let you know next time, and you can take George out somewhere. Does he like car rides? Poor George.:(