• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Damaged Cage--What would you do?

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
If anyone is aware of someone in need of a cage and willing to come to my house to get it you can have it.
How nice of you! :)
May I suggest that you give it to some that rescue parrots and don't have that kind of money to spend on a new cage.

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Glad you stood your ground and got a refund! I had a massive cage delivered with a bent leg and they replaced it, no problem, and collected the defective one.

maimaie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Amy
May I suggest that you give it to some that rescue parrots and don't have that kind of money to spend on a new cage.

That's an excellent idea! I would love to support a rescue this way; sadly I am not aware of any in my area. Can anyone help me to locate a reputable rescue? I currently live in Georgia.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great that you got the refund and they told you to do whatever you wish with the cage. Would be nice if you can locate a rescue that could make use of it. Some vet offices have live in birds so if you can't find a rescue maybe you could donate it to a vet.

HolliDaze

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
I've had horrendous luck with A&e. The cage I got f rom them was bought used, but it was 4 yeayearsr old. The p owdercoat on the cage in question frequently came with bubbles, which quickly broke and allowed the metal to rust. The cage is 5 years old, sitting in my garage, the powder coating flaking off like it was a function . There is another member here who had the same cage and similar problems, but I don't remember who. By the time I got the new cage in (the a&e was an emergency cage), Dexter could unscrew the feeder doors, throwing them on the floor.