• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Daily Dose of Sunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Doers anyone think it would be possible to bring a lovebird out on a harness (Talking about my Pippin bird)

No, and let me tell you why. If you are concern about any animal swooping down and getting Pippin, then a harness is useless. It offers no protective barrier between your bird and the predator.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I think this thread should be deleted as it is promoting dangerous practices.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

So you believe that it is ok for OP to take her birds out with no harness... but not ok for PippinLovebird to take their bird out on a harness?
I´m sorry but that is a very strange statement to make.

@PippinLovebird Yes, you can take your lovie out on a harness. There´s plenty of picturess of me and my little Sydney in his harness on this forum.
I will say that I never take him out alone, my boyfriend always comes so we have two sets of eyes.
I also take our travel bag so that I can put him inside if I think it is unsafe.

(Edit: here´s a link Pictures - A perfect afternoon | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum )

I think this thread should be deleted as it is promoting dangerous practices.
Hopefully people who stumble upon this thread will realise it is just one persons opinion. And that the general concensus is that it is not ok to take a bird out without a cage/harness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.