1. ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  2. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cute little love bird

Discussion in 'Rehome Highway' started by FLmom, 10/4/17.

1. FLmom

FLmom Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran

Linda
    a friend of a friend has this sweet little baby that needs to find a home. If anyone may be interested I can get more information. She is located in the Tampa FL area. I am told she is handraised and 5 years old. The lady has been traveling a lot for work and no end in site and feels bad she can’t provide what this fid needs anymore.

1EABECDA-EC4B-4B6A-864F-03C0F8A04291.jpeg

2. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos

Karen
    What a sweet face! I know she'll find a loving home in no time. :)

cassiesdad likes this.
  3. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Michelle
    Awwww, so cute.

4. finchly

finchly Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue I Can't Stop Posting!

Tanya
    Well for heavens sake. @Epsilon wants one - and lives in the Tampa area.

5. zoo mom

zoo mom Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! Santa Coco ROCKS the SOCKS POSTAHOLIC

Elaine
  6. fluffypoptarts

fluffypoptarts Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

If I didn't already have a lovie swarm, I'd snap this baby up! Lol.

sunnysmom likes this.
  7. Epsilon

Epsilon Meeting neighbors

Kelly
    Aw! She looks adorable! Sorry I didn't see the bumps, I'm still getting used to the layout. I'm not ready to take in a bird just yet. I still have some school to finish. I'd keep looking to get her a home just in case I'm unable to before someone else. She looks like such a sweetie, I hope she finds a good home (unless I end up taking her lol). I'm also unsure how to deal with the egg laying, that's why I've been looking for a boy, but if a bird needs a home I couldn't possibly turn it down.

finchly, greys4u and cassiesdad like this.
  8. cassiesdad

cassiesdad Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Bob Weisman
    Sometimes fate messes up the best laid plans...;)

9. Epsilon

Kelly
    Once I'm done with school I definitely will try to get a bird, but until then I can't. It'll be about June of next year, maybe earlier if I decide to work faster.

finchly and cassiesdad like this.
  10. FLmom

Linda
    I’ll find out more details to see if I can tempt you even more! Look like such a sweetie !!!!

fluffypoptarts likes this.
  11. Epsilon

Kelly
    @FLmom I hear that female lovebirds can start laying eggs. Does yours? And if so how do you deal with it? I don't know much about it.

12. fluffypoptarts

fluffypoptarts Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

I have one of my 3 females that will lay sometimes. I just try not to make her more hormonal (by not offering nesting cavities) and keep an eye on her when she does lay. I do give her seagrass mats to shred so she won’t pull her feathers for a “nest” if she chooses to make one. Calcium supplements are also a good idea for a female that lays regularly. Mine has a cuttlebone and doesn’t lay too often (like maybe an egg or two a year, typically), so I haven’t worried so much about the additional supplements.

13. FLmom

Linda

She’s not my bird. I’ve never even met her. It’s a friend of a friend who needs to rehome. So I offered to put the word out here.

14. LunaLovebird

LunaLovebird Rollerblading along the road Avenue Spotlight Award Shutterbugs' Best

Egg laying is perfectly manageable. Just be watchful of eating and general behaviour. Prevention is always better than cure though.

fluffypoptarts likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)