• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Curiousity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diana
Well... I think that everybody is curious when something is happening. But not like this! Every time when I'm doing something she must see everything. She stares from her cage and chirps twice like a car alarm. It makes me laugh everytime. And I told her that someday she will fall down if she will stare like that. Here are some photos of my tiel staring when I have some work to do. And I want to know if your tiels are doing the same? :)

Attachments

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Oh yes!! I know that look all to well :hehe: Tiels can be quite nosy and Squeeky is on the top of that list lol.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
LOL I don't have a cockatiel but those are so cute of your nosy tiel!

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
Those are hysterical. Laser beam stares :)

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
She is just a typical Tiel' nosy lil' boogers

but that is what makes them one of the easier birds to get to try new foods, Eat in front of them - the curiosity kills them and they come down to steal your food LOL

this also helps with taming - got 2 of ours to like being handled by letting them "sneak" my food off my plate

they really thought they were being sneaky too , they'd fly over and land on the back of the couch , then slowly walk down my arm, if i moved they either stopped or ran back up on the back of the couch LOL then they'd venture down take a piece of food and hop over to the arm of the couch and eat it LOL

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
i love the first shot - she is so intent on what she is watching!!

Diana88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diana
She is doing this all the time. And everytime when I'm going in the room or I have something in my hand she chirps twice. Like I told you, like a car alarm:rofl: I don't know why is she doing like that, especially when I coming with an object, then she chirps. I think that it's like when you get an email and the computer announces you :rofl:

ThatDarnBird

Rollerblading along the road
Yup, my two do it too, Sam more than Jack though. If Sam is at the bottom of the cage eating (we don't do food bowls) and see's me walk by she runs over as fast as she can to see what I'm doing. Such goofs. Your pictures are perfect.

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
hehe, cute pictures! My cockatiels do the same thing, haha!

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
What great pics that perfectly capture the adorable curiousity of tiels. Dusty for all his fear and shyness has to watch almost everything near him and especially in his cage. The only one more "nosy" is my budgie Skyler--he is always clinging to the sides if the cage to watch everyone and everybirdie. He also keeps track of whose turn it is for cage out time!!

Annie

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Annie
Hmm I haven't noticed Casper being that nosy yet.. but perhaps he is when I'm not looking. Jasper on the other hand, lovie, is always in my face!!!

Babybreau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tanya
Kessie isn't that nosy but when she wants something she paces back and forth in front of the door to the cage...lol

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
she sure is pretty!

Iris

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Iris Brzezinski
Yep mine do the same things. I think its there way of getting my attention. That is a gorgeous cockatiel. :)

zukinwidow

Moving in
Real Name
rhea
She is just a typical Tiel' nosy lil' boogers

but that is what makes them one of the easier birds to get to try new foods, Eat in front of them - the curiosity kills them and they come down to steal your food LOL

this also helps with taming - got 2 of ours to like being handled by letting them "sneak" my food off my plate

they really thought they were being sneaky too , they'd fly over and land on the back of the couch , then slowly walk down my arm, if i moved they either stopped or ran back up on the back of the couch LOL then they'd venture down take a piece of food and hop over to the arm of the couch and eat it LOL

to funny my molly steals food from my plate and coffee from my cup all the time :rofl:

Evelyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Evelyn
My Munchkin has that stare several times a day, he takes in everything, Liberty does too but she has more of a laid back stare, so you don't know whe is doing it, they are smart birdies..:bliss:

Status
Not open for further replies.