• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Curious:Birds That NEVER Bit You

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The only birds who have never bit me are ones that gave me plently of warning with hard to ignore body language.

Gizmo
Hahns Macaw
Age 11+
Rescue

Ripley
Jardine's Parrot
Age 19+
Rescue

Ps: birds are species, not breeds ;)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
7BC15014-2CFE-4D50-A3DD-0954E14137C4.jpeg
Amanda has never bit any one. Except Tika. But he deserved it. :D

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
My three female tiels, Cappuccino, Niko, and Sunset, have never bitten me or anyone else. They sometimes peck at me, or give me warnings with their beaks, but never actually bite. They are such sweet birds.:heart:

T. gillii

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Link
Bobo, my sun conure, but Hey! There's still time... :cautious:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Leia, my bronze winged pionus, hasn't bitten me. She's beaked me a few times and we beak wrestle, but has yet to draw blood or really go for the chomp.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Chevey CAG has never once bitten anyone although we've only had her for about 18 months. It's just not in her nature though. Cisco BFA won't bite me unless I put her in a situation that scares her. She loves me completely and totally. She will bite Jon though. I have plenty of other birds who will and do bite though...I have the bite marks all over my hands, arms, shoulders, neck, etc. to prove it!

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Ollie (Orange-winged Amazon) has bitten me once when I had to try to towel him for the vet soon after he arrived (he wasn't tame and I hadn't had time to teach him to enter a travel cage). So, absolutely my fault. He has never bitten me since. Didn't want a repeat when we moved country so took a year to teach him to enter and stay in a travel cage. He really enjoyed the journey! :dance4:

Chico (Panama Amazon) has only bitten me once when I caught him when he fell out of his cage (he is disabled) - I seriously thought he'd removed my finger. :dead: He would love to bite me more... at least he would have when he arrived and for some months after. I think we have reached an understanding now. :cautious:

Not saying anything about Kobe the Pionus.... :rolleyes: Haven't been bitten for a while now.

Bobbie (Red-lored Amazon) bites occasionally (not hard) - normally if another bird comes close or if I pick up something like a remote. I learned quickly! :smuggrin:

Bobbie has bitten Ollie and Chico.

Ashnic

Meeting neighbors
My 2yo princess Parrot has never bitten, never even tried, never nipped or anything. So blessed
My GCC on the other hand .I'm lucky if I go 5mins without a beak print

souldier

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Abbi
My cockatiel Pikachu has never bitten anyone, she is such a sweetie!

She only ever pretends to bite me when she thinks she's not getting enough pats lol, she is so cute.

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I need to amend my earlier post: Sergei is still on the No Bite list, but my BFA Angel bit me! Nothing to photograph but sure woke me up! I was misting the crew with warm water. He watched while I gently sprayed Sergei, Lucy and Newt and walked over to me when it was his turn. I really thought he was into it! Wrong! He chomped me the second he got wet. He then ran away yelling Bad Girl at me.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Titan, our IRN, never bit anyone. 26 years.

We bought him from a breeder when he was 8 weeks old...and he was a bird ambassador because of his wonderful temperament...he gave us a chance to educate many kids about avians...and brought joy to countless residents of nursing homes, etc...

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Dobby gives ferocious beakings and lunges. He pinched the crap out of the back of my thumb nail when I poked at him knowing he was very excited and would bite but I took the chance anyways being sure to turn my thumb so he'd hit the nail. SO, haven't got a official bite from him yet, and he's so socialized and gentle he prefers to run away or bluff. Momazon has confirmed he definitely can bite but as long as he trusts you and you respect his warnings it hasn't happened here yet. As far as I've seen so far he's even safe with strangers as a coworker came over and he ran all over him excitedly whistling and making noise to play with the new friend. For some reason he really loves to threaten my mom but she always screams and pokes at him and I think she reminds him of someone he didn't trust anymore from his past. He hasn't bit her yet and we keep an eye on those two or make sure he's up.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Name: Casey
Species: Cockatiel
Background: Family friends purchased from breeder friend
Info: Although my mother claims that Casey has bitten her multiple times, I will say that she has only ever truly bitten once in her life... and that's when she had gotten her wing stuck in a cage, between the tray and front cage panel. My sister actually went in to help her out and got bitten in the process. A true bite and one that actually resulted in blood. Except for this instance, she has never bitten in her life.

Name: Valor
Species: Bourke
Background: Rehome
Info: She was about 1 year old when I picked her up. She's a curious little thing and quite bold but really no interest in biting!