• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Curious:Birds That NEVER Bit You

AKahle6868

Strolling the yard
Hey guys,

I’m interested about your feathered friends that never bit you. I know many people will say that all birds bite but I’m curious of these birds that never did. I’ll go first.

Name: Buddy
Breed: Umbrella Cockatoo
Background: Rescue
Info: My Dad’s Cockatoo never bit me or my dad the entire time he had him (he ended up passing away at 12 after an infection that wouldn’t respond to meds ) He was literally the sweetest bird ever, he was a rescue and a plucker but grew most of his feathers back while my dad had him. It surprised me when I see pictures of Cockatoo bites because he was so easy going. He didn’t like my step mom and would “attack” her feet, but never actually bit her, just chased and yelled at her. He is missed very much.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Sydney, Jaime, Lapis, Nube and Adelie are all Roseicollis Lovebirds, none of them have ever bitten me, or anyone else. Allbeit Adelie is a baby (2 months) and Lapis and Nube are young.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Truly wish I could post here.....but they WERE my fault.

AKahle6868

Strolling the yard
I know right. My GCC Gracie has never drawn blood but she is a chomper and hates hands. I love her to death but I have to wear gloves to handle her or she will spend the whole time trying to remove my nails.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Never yet been bitten by my macaw Taco, my pionus Réy, or my new cockatiel. They've given me some beak marks, but it's always from them being klutzes. :rolleyes:

Kraz 'tiel bites me whenever he can because he's a butt, and Kamara CAG let me have it when I first met her at the humane society; the adoption counsellor was afraid of her beak, so I had to take her out of her cage.
:lol:

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Great thread that explain that if you read them right their is a very small chance that you will get bitten.
Show them respect and give them love and that is what you get back.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Neither of my girls bite more then for fun when we are beak wrestling.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I love you for those words!

Parrots are not mean it is only we that don't read them right.
Even if they have a sad luggage they will when we respect them show us respect back. (No biting before several warnings)

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
My Goffin, Sunny.
about 34 years with me. He was wild caught, mine is his only home since he was taken from the wild.
He was my first bird beyond budgies and he was very good at communicating and teaching. We were very good at listening.
He never bites, he will put his head down for kisses because he thinks that will change whatever he doesn't like.
The only time to watch him is when playing tug-of-war as he likes to keep choking up on the rope so he can win, but sometimes he is too excited and grabs too close to your fingers. He's not trying to bite you though.

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Luna is a big fan of warning nips, which escalate to full grinding down when she’s hormonal. Easy enough to avoid most times, but it comes seemingly out of no where a lot.

Ani has never bitten. He beaks me to ask for treats because that’s how I trained him, but he knows how to be gentle. I respect his space and he spends time with me whenever he wants to. He is a bit skittish, so I make sure that all of our interactions are on his terms.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
My cockatiel Sunny never bit me or even tried. Truly the sweetest bird ever but tiels are pretty mellow birds to begin with. He came to live with us when he was 15 and passed away at 20. He charmed everyone who met him. :)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
My Goffin, Sunny.
about 34 years with me. He was wild caught, mine is his only home since he was taken from the wild.
He was my first bird beyond budgies and he was very good at communicating and teaching. We were very good at listening.
He never bites, he will put his head down for kisses because he thinks that will change whatever he doesn't like.
The only time to watch him is when playing tug-of-war as he likes to keep choking up on the rope so he can win, but sometimes he is too excited and grabs too close to your fingers. He's not trying to bite you though.
I think your Sunny needs to come and have a talk with my Elvis. LOL. That's fantastic that he's never bitten. Elvis has only bit me a few times, mainly my fault, but he and the fiancé have some things to work out. And Elvis will give me kisses too to try to change something he doesn't like. He does it too if he's been naughty, like he's saying he's sorry.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I think your Sunny needs to come and have a talk with my Elvis. LOL. That's fantastic that he's never bitten. Elvis has only bit me a few times, mainly my fault, but he and the fiancé have some things to work out. And Elvis will give me kisses too to try to change something he doesn't like. He does it too if he's been naughty, like he's saying he's sorry.
What, you mean Elvis can't hear Sunny from there?! :spinlol:
Flesh is safe, but wood is not! He just never had to bite to get his point across. I guess we were a bit easier to train than you and your fiance are proving to be. I know you are tying to help Elvis train your fiance, I hope he catches on soon!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Sergei, 28 year old male ekkie, and Angel 10 year old male BF amazon. They are super gentle and love to cuddled and handled!

20190126_172951_Burst01.jpg 20181122_145838.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
What, you mean Elvis can't hear Sunny from there?! :spinlol:
Flesh is safe, but wood is not! He just never had to bite to get his point across. I guess we were a bit easier to train than you and your fiance are proving to be. I know you are tying to help Elvis train your fiance, I hope he catches on soon!
Don't even get me started on wood :rolleyes:. I had a wooden spoon I left laying on the kitchen counter last week. Notice I say "had"..... Elvis is definitely teaching me not to leave things lay out. :rolleyes: Perhaps Sunny and Elvis can video chat. :D

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Don't even get me started on wood :rolleyes:. I had a wooden spoon I left laying on the kitchen counter last week. Notice I say "had"..... Elvis is definitely teaching me not to leave things lay out. :rolleyes: Perhaps Sunny and Elvis can video chat. :D
Hey, he thought you bought him a new toy!

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
My cockatiel Sunny never bit me or even tried. Truly the sweetest bird ever but tiels are pretty mellow birds to begin with. He came to live with us when he was 15 and passed away at 20. He charmed everyone who met him. :)
I miss Sunny! :heart:

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
The only bird that has bitten me out of the current flock is Jack. But that was when I had to rescue him from entrapment (he was very scared and confused, defending himself).
That means Tau, Minty, Homer, Jill, Fred and Ginger have never bitten.