• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Cuddly bird?

Perriewinkle

Rollerblading along the road

Lol, most dont know how "beaky" Felicia is.

I apologize for the camera angle.. i was by myself. And any pulling away on my part is my watching my nails so i don't hurt her. She's not hurting me at all.

It's laundry night so im in "old lady frock"

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
That reminds me exactly of Nerd bird, one of my first Maxis. He used to beak and nibble just like that and also loved wrestling with my fingers and screaming and attacking like he would kill me.
Dobby now does similar, but with my sister, his chosen one.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
So cute. None of my pi's are very affectionate but all love to get face scritches.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Love it! ♥

Both Eliy and Akela are the same. They love to use their beak and Akela often hold my finger when I preen her.
Akela is also preening me, most my eye brown and lashes but also the rest of my face. She is a giver! ♥

Eliy are mostly nibble my ears and nose but in a very affectionate way. She is also very sweet and gently.♥
No words can describe how mush I love them! ♥

And both of them loves a rough beak wrestling. And so do I. :D

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Ernie Pi also holds my finger while getting scritches, and he 'beaks' me in a gentle way a lot. Then there's beak wrestling, which we do often. :D

Lwalker

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Cocoa is very beaky this way but never hurts me. She holds my finger tip. It is nice to hear that is normal for many birds. People say, look out! She is biting you! And I say, trust me, if she bit me, I'd know it. Look at that beak! Felicia looks so sweet.:heart:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
The first time Dobby allowed me to scritch him he reached up and tried to grab my finger. I kinda freaked and quickly pulled it away because after having MR grumpy Lurch I thought he was acting out because he didn't like the way I was scratchin him. NOPE, he just loves to hang on and nibble while he gets a good scritch. It was so refreshing after always having to be careful and watch Lurches moods, though he did love me he wasn't afraid to show his displeasure.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Leia also likes to hold my finger. Sometimes she'll preen me or direct my fingers to where she wants to be scratched.

She also enjoys her beak being rubbed and a good beak wrestle! Beak wrestling still makes me a bit nervous but she hasn't hurt me yet and I have to learn to recognise when she's playful or genuinely upset/cross.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Leia also likes to hold my finger. Sometimes she'll preen me or direct my fingers to where she wants to be scratched.

She also enjoys her beak being rubbed and a good beak wrestle! Beak wrestling still makes me a bit nervous but she hasn't hurt me yet and I have to learn to recognise when she's playful or genuinely upset/cross.
OH, don't worry she'll let you know when she's cross...:scared5: Nerd, if I went OUCH! would look mortified and stop. I'm sure if shes just trying to play and realizes she hurt you she'd do the same. Dobby love to clamp down and Momazon had a word to make him calm down, buffer, it works for him still.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, the way she moves is very different when she wants to play compared to when she doesn't want to be touched. You can definitely tell when she's annoyed!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Pionus are GENERALLY very easy to read birds. I did have to relearn a bunch when I got Lurch who was scared to death and mad at the world when he got here. I got a lot quicker and he finally decided I didn't need a fast bite with absolutely no warning at all.