• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cross breed

jazden

Moving in
Real Name
john
can i breed my black headed caique with my white bellied caique?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Ditto to what Saroj said. With so many new people getting birds and ESA laws and people just wanting something odd, it has been a real problem keeping the purebreds pure. Just look what has been done to dogs and cats.

jazden

Moving in
Real Name
john
Noted.. Just wondering.. Coz my white bellied caique have a few strands of black in their head i was thinking it came from a black headed caique? Just abnormal breed? So its almost the same as hybrid macaws?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Noted.. Just wondering.. Coz my white bellied caique have a few strands of black in their head i was thinking it came from a black headed caique? Just abnormal breed? So its almost the same as hybrid macaws?
my wbc has a black spot on her head too. When they are babies they have a LOT of black, by about a year it all molts off, leaving a spec here or there. It's not because of cross breeding.

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel

It's not uncommon for young white-bellied caiques to have black feathers on their heads. They usually lose them as they age.