• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Crop issues

BeeBop

Sprinting down the street
BeeBop has been having "issues" with his crop this past week or so. I was about to take him to the vet once because he had an extended squishy crop but it went down overnight and he acted completely fine. This has kept happening, except it is going down in 15 mins. Sometimes when I get him out it will be extended and he makes these sounds almost like he is burping and then he is fine again. I have no idea what to do he is fine behavior appetite wise. I heard it could be bad quality food or something going on with his stomach? I am worried about him :(. Do you guys know what it might be and how urgent it is?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
extended squishy crop but it went down overnight and he acted completely fine
That's what happens to the crop when a bird eats a full meal. The crop bulges out until the contents are emptied into the stomach. It's also possible for air to get in the crop.

If you're worried take him to the vet. That's what they're for. :)