1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Creepy invaders

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by DrLuv, 8/10/19.

1. DrLuv

DrLuv Moving in

Hi I noticed a long skinny black bug crawl under my cockatiels feather. Long...?? 1/32 of an inch I guess...now Im putting it all together...her aggressive preening..especially at the wing joint. I just ordered 8 in 1 ultra care spray for cockatiels. My question is ...what is this? It didn't look like any pictures I could find except pigeon feather lice.
    Thank you

2. Shezbug

Shezbug ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW! Moderator Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

:bump8:

expressmailtome and faislaq like this.
  3. Macawnutz

Macawnutz Seriously Nutz! Super Administrator AA Advertising Exec Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sarah
    I would take your sweetie to the vet and have her looked over. Those over the counter sprays scare me.

faislaq and Shezbug like this.
  4. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

I use this, since I rescue wild birds and they have creepy crawlies...ok for parrots ...uses diamatious earth to kill the nasties..
    20190810_203121.jpg

faislaq and Shezbug like this.
Tags:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)