• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Crazy IRN

JCF

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Juan C Felicies
I have 12 week old IRN that great but he gets crazy sometimes when playing and he brakes his tail feathers almost all gone and I have like 5 or 6 hang down toys and some on the walls and I got him big cage for him so he had plenty of room to play and turn around and not feel that it was crowded in there but he still manages to brake more tail feathers now he is calm and well behaved out of the cage and in your hand but crazy when playing anywhere now my other ringneck still going thru bluffing and plays easy but test you ones in a while . Has anybody found the right combination set up off cage to help avoid him braking his tail feathers . He is in the big avian adventures cage

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bump4:

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Maybe is would help if you posted a pic of your setup

JCF

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Juan C Felicies
IMG_1290.JPG IMG_1291.JPG I had him in this with the devider out as one big cage but he was reckless jumping around from toy to toy and side to side and now I have him in the white one but he's still gets his play bouts but in the white one he climbs around and better instead off jumping around

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I'd always been under the impression that babies were not very careful and often mussed or broke their tails.
As they age they learn to take better care of their tails, especially parakeets.

Your setup seems okay to me.

JCF

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Juan C Felicies
This guy he's awesome in personality and everything learning the ropes quick step up , Show me the wings , shake and kisses he got does down good and the best thing that his jumping of my hand slowed down to maybe when spooked but my older parrot still do that ones in a while so he's coming around 2 training sessions a day for no more than 15 minutes and he wants more but I call it quits. The funny thing is they do all have their own personality cause my younger IRN by a few weeks takes care of the tail like with pride and he's the one that tries to bluff me ones in a while but he takes care of that tail.