• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Couple 'grandkids' visiting...

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

Some (or most or none) of you know that Riddick07 is my problem child... Funny she posted a thread yesterday calling her snakes her problem children :)

I don't usually post much except about shelter stuff but had to share how our goofy family gets ready for the holidays! So today was finally the day for pulling out Xmas decorations and getting ready to get the tree tomorrow... of course that means spending time with family... and like most families, your daughter (or son) will be there and bring the 'grandkids'... yeah, the details are not like most families... Victoria had two of her 'girls' up to visit.. about as close to grandkids as we're gonna see :) and like all grandkids, one was happy to find a warm spot to 'snuggle...' and the other one is a hyper non stop wiggle worm...

Not quite decorated, went thru the storage containers, the lower living room looks like Santa exploded...

Happy holidays preparations everyone!

And for anyone who is curious... the larger one that is on my hand and curled around Byron's foot is a really sweet and beautiful Sunglow Redtail Boa that I've nicknamed Nunu (when talking about Tor's snake and you say the new one, there are several new ones, so Nunu is the latest so she is the new-new snake, yeah Tor hates it, but that's how Lucky got her name too!!); and the smaller kinda speckled looking girl is a wiggle worm of activity Hypo Calico Chinese Beauty snake named Celeste. You've seen pics of both of these girls, think Tor has posted pics of them both even yesterday. But had to share them hanging out with the 'grandparents' :) Thankfully my hubby finds the snakes fascinating too! 20151212_183104.jpg 20151212_183054.jpg 20151212_211505.jpg 20151212_212119.jpg 20151212_213554.jpg 20151212_214606.jpg 20151212_222944.jpg 20151212_223408.jpg

The colorful corn is my snake, Jigsaw, she has gotten so big in the last several months since I finally caved and got 'my own' snake :)

Attachments

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Those are amazing snakes. Thanks for sharing.

MandaExotics

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
Such an itty bitty boa :heart: they don't stay small very long usually but the adults are just as gorgeous. Sunglows are always gorgeous though.

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Such an itty bitty boa :heart: they don't stay small very long usually but the adults are just as gorgeous. Sunglows are always gorgeous though.

She is just a baby, believe a June litter (anyone reading, boas are live birth). I laugh that I remember when my daughter's other red tail first came home, she would walk around with Lucky thru her belt loops or Lucky would wrap my mug. Here are photos of Lucky recently getting a bath... Yeah, they don't stay tiny for long :) Lucky is about 12 years old now, still sweet girl, tho takes two of us to carry to her easily :)

lucky.jpg lucky3.jpg lucky2.jpg

Laurah

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I'm glad my iguana won't get that big! Yea but I could be wrong.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
pretty grandkids you have!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month