• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Countdown...

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Petri and Shannon made it safe and sound! I got Petri out of his carrier, no problem. Here is the barking blue and gold next to his birdy blanket. Shannon said he likes fabric, so he has a blanky. He is doing the blue and gold nervous bark, so I only took one picture. More will come. In this pic, he is in the top of a 40x30 King's dometop. The perch is 2 1/2-3" diameter...check out those feet!

I'd like to thank Shannon for rescuing him, and most of all, driving him to me! Shannon, you ROCK! And thanks to Auntie Sarah and Joe for visiting him for me. I REALLY appreciate it.

I'll be posting photos and updates in the future. :)
IMG_2193.JPG

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
holy smokes them are some big old feet.

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
So happy he made it! He is one handsome guy with handsome big feet! :heart: I love his blankie. :)

2macshan

Strolling the yard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I didn't realize leaving Petri there would mean leaving a piece of my heart at Matts house.
:'(
I'm so happy to see how relaxed he already was when I left!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Now you know what a BG bark sounds like! Is he huge to you?
Just hand him nuts, he will get over it. He barked at us until I stuck a nut in his mouth. ;)

@2macshan drive safe!!!! Much love to you!!!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Now you know what a BG bark sounds like! Is he huge to you?
Just hand him nuts, he will get over it. He barked at us until I stuck a nut in his mouth. ;)

@2macshan drive safe!!!! Much love to you!!!

He seems big for a B&G to me, but the only parrot size here that awes me is the size of Annie's lower beak. It's a steam shovel! She's almost his size, too, and still growing. I'm happy to say he's gorgeous. I'd forgotten how stunning they are!

2macshan

Strolling the yard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So believe it or not Matt, that was me holding it together at your house! And I'm generally not a cryer! Birds really get into my heart.
Erik and I are so excited for this next chapter for Petri. He seemed to know what was going on before I left and he seemed ok with it. I think getting out of his prison cage definitely was a weight taken off of him. He can start a new life now in a new cage with a new family.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Shannon, you were just fine! I'm glad you care so much for him. He certainly needed that. It's people who don't care, who don't have the relationship, that push these birds into the rehoming cycle. Thanks to you, he found an exit ramp in a small town in Ohio with a big, bald guy that adores macaws. :)

2macshan

Strolling the yard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Omg seriously I just had myself together :heart:
I am really really happy at the same time. Giving him true love and not treating him like a spare helped him come around faster I think. But also what makes it so difficult.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
we all have grown to love him as if he was our own. knowing that he is with Matthew and his love for his birds. I know that he is in a great home. @2macshan @aooratrix @Macawnutz Hugs
Do any of you three realize how many birdie uncles and aunties Petri has in AA alone? You might have to space out giving him his Xmas/holiday presents otherwise he'll be spoiled!

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Congratulations!

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
There is a record that Fats Waller did back in the 20's called Yours Feets Too Big, that would apply to Petri, :giggle: no I am not that old just a record collector and a lover of big band music

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
better to know that he is loved and in his forever home.