• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cooper is being very stubborn tonight.

danadear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
He's at the tippy top of the hanging gym and refuses to come down to go to bed. Stinker! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376094684.630846.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376094700.493842.jpg

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Just like kids. Saroj has a special,technologically correct "Rudy Getter Downer" broom or something like that. You may wish to look into such tools if this continues. :rofl:

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Lol! When he's being stubborn he won't step onto a stick either. He just pushes it away with his beak.

truste

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shirley
Whenever it's time to be put away and Roca is high up on the curtain and wont come down, I lure her onto me by pretending that I'm about to leave the room. She flies over because she doesn't want to be left behind. Exploitation? Maybe...but works every time and useful if I'm in a hurry :rofl:

...I only just started using this trick though, so I hope she doesn't start catching on!

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
At least he didn't pull a Rowdy and say F you to you when you asked him :D She did that to me the day Vana got spayed and the vet called telling me I needed to come get her ASAP because she was attacking the front of the kennel whenever one of them went back there. They had told me not to pick her up until after 3pm and it was 11am, lol! So all the birds were out and they knew they didn't have to go back in until 1pm. Rowdy did not like her time out being cut into apparently. She was on the ceiling fan.

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
I'm sorry but I LOVE the F you Rowdy story. Cracks me up! He finally came down but not til he was good and ready.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
but Cooper looks too beautiful up there to come down.

tozie12

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
:rofl: audrey, i'm tellin ya... these birds are crackin me up!

so does anyone understand this passive aggressive balking against our 'authority' lately??? :p <snort> authority... yeah, right. :rofl:

just lately ollie has been fighting the routine. when i offer the perch to go nite nite, he grunts at me and either bites it viciously or simply steps over it! :lol:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey

Oh my. WHO taught that angel to say that?!
My last ex, Paul. I came in the room and found him saying it to her over and over. I told him to knock it off, because her language is bad enough as it is. Well, nothing happened for about 2 months so I didn't think she learned it. Then a friend came over that really dislikes the birds and they all dislike her in return. When she looked at Rowdy, Rowdy said it to her 3 times in a row :rolleyes:

At least she only says it if she thinks she has a good reason to.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The hanging gym is very cool, but I'd never get W down. W is aggressive enough when he is at the top of his cage and charging me.

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Yeah the birds really love that gym. Hubby made it from a bird cage we weren't using. Cooper can only resist goldfish crackers temporarily. Don't know what I'll do when he loses interest in them.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:rofl: audrey, i'm tellin ya... these birds are crackin me up!

so does anyone understand this passive aggressive balking against our 'authority' lately??? :p <snort> authority... yeah, right. :rofl:

just lately ollie has been fighting the routine. when i offer the perch to go nite nite, he grunts at me and either bites it viciously or simply steps over it! :lol:
and yet again I am thankful for this forum.

MC has developed the habit of biting the T stand I use to get him out of the cage but again, ONLY WHEN he doesn't want to come out. Like right now - when it's time for his shower and darn it, he loves his showers . . . . just wants the shower at 5 p.m. As husband is prone to say MC - 1, me zip, zilch, nada.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah the birds really love that gym. Hubby made it from a bird cage we weren't using. Cooper can only resist goldfish crackers temporarily. Don't know what I'll do when he loses interest in them.
See, that happened with his Royal Greeness. He would ALWAYS step up to his main perch for a Nutriberry, which allowed me to clean the cage floor. Then one day - nope, I don't THINK so, he thought. I could tell by the look on his face not to push it.

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
Yeah cooper was definitely saying F you with his eyes. LOL! So far I have been able to wait him out when he's stubborn but if I have to I will just snatch his little feathered butt up with a towel.

Gypsy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
What happens if you turn off the light, say good night, and walk out of the room? Would that encourage him to come down on his own so you can lock him up for the night?

danadear

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
What happens if you turn off the light, say good night, and walk out of the room? Would that encourage him to come down on his own so you can lock him up for the night?

Sorry...just saw this question. The playgym is on the screened porch so leaving him out there is not really an option...I doubt anyone would try to get him but he'd be screaming WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT until we turned the light back on and came back out..or until the cops showed up. Whichever happened first. :D

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
We've never had a problem with our larger birds ('toos) being stubborn with going to their sleep cage. I don't know what would happen if Milton decided to be a grump at bedtime.
The only trouble we've ever had was with Titan,the IRN. If he could see out of his cage after covering it,he'd say,in a very assertive voice "F IT". If he saw someone from under his cover, he'd say "F YOU"...with the "you" drawn out for special emphasis...:eek:
And no,he didn't get it from me....

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Bribery works for me with E. ...when he climbs away from me or just wont want to
leave the top of his cage...I use the walnut trick...it always works, cuz he always wants
one..:D