• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cooked mix question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

yvette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Yvette
I see that there are different mixes available that can be cooked. Different varities.
Does anyone make there own mix instead of buying package ones from stores???

If so...Can you give me a list of ingredients??
I'd love to try one for my baby brown head Jake.
Ozzy will eat almost anything, so Im sure he will gobble it up too:hehe:

WendysJungle

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Wendy
I have a couple good ones that I buy, and also make my own at times. Sorry to say, I don't follow a specific recipe though! I generally start with organic brown rice, organic lentils, organic veggie-wheat pasta, sometimes add (again, all organic) old fashioned rolled oats, quinoa, shredded coconut, various beans, various seeds and nuts, various dried fruits and veggies, dried hot peppers, etc. whatever I have around that is bird-healthy can end up in there! Make sure the dried fruit and the coconut has no added sugar. After cooking, I freeze and use as needed. When I heat it up, I mix in fresh fruit and veggies before serving.

carolyn17603

Real Name
carolyn
look at our the other thread callled something almost something exactly like this title. We were just talking about it. It was mostly about the ones you can buy but we all listed the ingredients maybe you can get some ideas from there.

Tangle Elf

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
A lot of us just give them the cooked foods that we eat ourselves. It requires eating a little healthier and avoiding some things, but they can eat most of what we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.