• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure Owners post looking for rehoming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I found this post on Conure Owners Unite on FB and have suggested that the poster try posting on AA as well. Just in case, here goes:

*EDIT*

I am in desperate need of help, and it is not conure related. I don't know where else to post though.

Anyone in Southern Ontario able to help tonight or tomorrow at the latest?

Is there anyone at all that would be able to offer a loving home to three cockatiels and one Kakaraki? Or know of a local rescue I can take them to?

Two of the Tiels look to be in bad shape. One of them has feathers misplaced on his/her wings, and an odd shaped beak. However, it is dark so I might be seeing the beak wrong. The other Tiel lost ALL of his/her tail feathers tonight by her human trying to grab her. She has spots of blood around her nairs and from what I can see not bleeding.

The Kakaraki looks to have a severely overgrown beak, but I'm not sure because I do not know anything about them.

I went tonight to adopt an IRN and the conditions were so bad and very sad, I ended up taking the other 4 as well with the hopes of someone willing to open their home to one or two of them. Now, they have been sharing a cage for years, so I am not sure if this is a good idea.

She hit her Goffin on the head
I offered to take him and she would not let me. Trust me, I tried hard!

I'm so sad by everything I have just witnessed and cannot stop crying. I cannot keep the 3 Tiels and Kakaraki.

I am not looking for a rehoming fee, I just want them to go to someone that will love them and give them a better life.

- I have called SPCA about the Goffin.
- I live in Kitchener.

Posted by Christina Thompson abut 12 hrs ago. In Kitchener area, if it helps.

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Poor babies. I hope someone can help them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.