• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Conure noises

Margie Idlett

Moving in
Real Name
Margie
I have read on here that the duck noise they make is bad. My bird is usually making that noise the eagle scream or he is just quiet. He is still a baby, could it be he needs to learn new noises? He likes it when I whistle. He mainly screams when he is in his cage and wants out.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I can't recall anyone saying the duck noise is bad too be honest! Usually for my cheekie it meant she was content or interested in something. Never had it paired with anything "bad"

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Rupert makes his duck noise when he's eating. It's like he's announcing his delicious food.

Me: Oh, apples! That good?
Rupert: Waaaaeeeeeehhhh!
Me: Mmm! Yummy!
Rupert: Waaaaeeeeeehhhh! -slurp-

Margie Idlett

Moving in
Real Name
Margie
Lol OK. Maybe it wasn't here I read it. I remember reading it somewhere and was wondering. I know from what I have observed with him that he ruffles his feathers and screams when he is mad and tries to bite sometimes when I try to stop him from doing something. That is why I was confused because when I rub his head and chin I know he loves it and makes the duck noises. Thank you so much!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Maybe the "burr" noise? Like a low and quiet grumble. That is usually a "danger, danger" coming warning.

Coldbreeze

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alana
As of late Zazu has become more vocal. It use to be just when I came home from work he would squeak at me a few times. Now if I'm giving him praise or have an excited tone of voice he will do a few different sounds. One I think is the normal conure sound. He does his quiet chirps. His squeal when I try to get him off of something. I think just today I might have heard this "duck" noise but I really dont know I'm thinking of a loud honk.m it didnt sound like a honk. More of a low grunt!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
As of late Zazu has become more vocal. It use to be just when I came home from work he would squeak at me a few times. Now if I'm giving him praise or have an excited tone of voice he will do a few different sounds. One I think is the normal conure sound. He does his quiet chirps. His squeal when I try to get him off of something. I think just today I might have heard this "duck" noise but I really dont know I'm thinking of a loud honk.m it didnt sound like a honk. More of a low grunt!

it's like if a frog were to whisper a quack :lol:

Margie Idlett

Moving in
Real Name
Margie
The sound is hard to describe. It sounds like a duck to me. The quack of a duck. He chirps and screams. I just didn't know what the quacking noise meant. He does it when he is grooming himself or just sitting on me. Sometimes he does it when he starts falling asleep on me.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Mine quack at me all the time. I tell my husband they are probably calling me bad names, lol

Farlie

Real Name
Rick
Well, it's more like the way a cat purrs with contentment.
My Farlie grumbles and quacks when he's content.

Margie Idlett

Moving in
Real Name
Margie
OK. Thanks! Glad to know he is happy. I love the little guy. He warms my heart.