• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

conure help

BirdieBooBoo

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi guys so basically my family and I are thinking about getting a sun conure. Currently I have a 3yo female galah, Marley, and we’d love to have a new addition to the family. We chose conure because they are smaller and very sociable. So here I’d just like to ask about the ups and downs of owning a conure including personality, loudness, behaviour etc. Don’t worry, I know all about the screaming and yelling and uncontrollable-ness (cockatoos smh) so I’d love to just have some more in depth knowledge about conures from everyone’s perspectives.

Thanks in advance!!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bump4:

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Well you have a too so I can imagine you know how clingy they can be. I dont necessarily call suns clingy but they do have separation anxiety and that's when they scream the most imo. I had 3, 2 now... my girl(who passed) was the cuddly one. The two boys are a bit more independent but want to be withing 10 feet of me and in line of sight. My suns dont ever play with their toys like they are supposed... new toy means how can I make this toy drop to the floor. I have had while toys intact with just the top cut off... my guys love pillow forts. Honestly my down side is just the screaming from separation anxiety. Nver gonna find a woman who can handle these two screaming lol. Also they can be territorial over things sometimes.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
The lint roller! :laugh: I like their buzzing chortle

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month