• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Contest - winner gets $50 donation to rescue

Chaiah

Jogging around the block

:yah: Thanks! :D Does it have to be a registered charity?
Nope. If you know of a rescue that needs the $ and there is a way for me to donate, it's there. I'd, personally, prefer it be an organization that needs the money to help animals or the less fortunate who need help. I'll even donate to a veterinarian who donates time to help injured pets that owners might not have the funds to help. For me, it's not about the tax write off. In fact, I'm not even keeping track of that.

We were, once, so poor we couldn't afford to feed a goldfish so I'll even donate the $50 to help a family with pet food, vaccinations, or whatever... ;)

Last edited:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Well, how about this....$50 to be spent at Crystal's Bird Toys with the toys going to Mooghie's Friends Parrot Refuge (where I got Tiki from). They have 40-50 birds at any given time and take in mainly special needs birds.

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
I can do that. You just let me know how you want it done. ;)

Well, how about this....$50 to be spent at Crystal's Bird Toys with the toys going to Mooghie's Friends Parrot Refuge (where I got Tiki from). They have 40-50 birds at any given time and take in mainly special needs birds.

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I can do that. You just let me know how you want it done. ;)

Well, I think we just need to let @crystalsbirdtoys know and she can direct you how to pay. She can send directly to the refuge or I could deliver them next time I go. I went to the refuge a couple of weeks ago to help make bird toys but Crystal is MUCH better at it than I am!! :o:

Chaiah

Jogging around the block

Well, I think we just need to let @crystalsbirdtoys know and she can direct you how to pay. She can send directly to the refuge or I could deliver them next time I go. I went to the refuge a couple of weeks ago to help make bird toys but Crystal is MUCH better at it than I am!! :o:

I just PM'd Crystal to see how she wants to do this. I think I can just pay via cc and geta. Gift certificate, then she can pick out toys/supplies and you guys can drop the stuff off at the rescue. :)

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I just PM'd Crystal to see how she wants to do this. I think I can just pay via cc and geta. Gift certificate, then she can pick out toys/supplies and you guys can drop the stuff off at the rescue. :)

Thanks so much! Very generous of you and fun for us! :D

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats!!! Again, your generosity is so refreshing and lovely. :hug8:

DQTimnehs

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
We can go together if you like, @DQTimnehs - I'll also throw in some toys on Crystal's Bird Toys behalf too :D
Thanks, Crystal! :highfive:
Sure if we can find a time! I start back volunteering Saturdays in a few weeks.
The toys Marlene was having me make were paper, cardboard, cork and some wood for small to CAG. So I think easy woods, vine, etc would be good. :D

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
Folks, I really love the idea of supporting the vendors who participate on this forum so if you "win" one of the contests and are interested in helping two groups in one - you may choose a vendor and a rescue and I'll request the vendor to send some toys and or supplies to the requested rescue. This is not about whether or not a rescue has tax exempt status. ;). I just wanted to let you all know.

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
Okay, everyone. This one is going to be tougher. A lot tougher. So, I'm going to double the reward for answering this to the best of your ability (and getting the correct answers). Submissions must be made by midnight on Thursday, 13 March 2014. Oh, and you may use NO online help, no books or magazines of any kind, and you can ask for no one else's help in answering. You are on the honor system. I recognize that there are posters here from various countries and I WILL be asking questions regarding those countries, but I'm starting with the United States. Here we go...

Including the First Continental Congress, the Second Continental Congress, Congress under the Articles of the Confederation, and Congress under the Constitution, how many cities have been the capitals of the United States of America? Name as many as you can.

Private Message your answers to me and I will post everyone's responses along with the name of the winner on Saturday or Sunday, 16-17 March 2014.

Last edited:

Chaiah

Jogging around the block
Have toys been delivered to last rescue?

Also, just a reminder to check the most recent trivia question. Whomever private messages me with the most correct answers will win $100 that will be given to a rescue of your choice as this one is much more difficult. You only have one more day to give me your answers. Do not post them here. Remember to answer via private message.