• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

construction paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

xRosaliex

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashley
well my little cousin was over and making cutouts with construction paper and bandit my lil gcc got into the paper scraps will this hurt my baby

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
I don't *think* so. Since it's stuff that young children use a lot, I expect the ink in it would be non-toxic, as would the paper.
I wouldn't worry about it unless he actually ate and swallowed it...

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hmm.. a wild guess tells me it's probably best to keep it away from him in the future, but he should be ok. I would think since construction paper is basically made for children, it should have safe dye in it. Though I cannot find much to confirm this. I hope he will be ok, and maybe someone else will know better.:hug8:

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
My other thought is that people give their parrots tissue boxes, cereal boxes, paper towel rolls, etc, and these aren't really meant to be chewed up and they seem to be okay... :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I have a friend that cautions the use of boxes, PT rolls, etc, as she said the glue that holds them together can be unsafe.

yvette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Yvette
I have been using paper towel roles, kleenex boxes too.........for years. No problems. I wouldnt worry!

Status
Not open for further replies.