• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Constipated female canary?

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I went to Dr.Beasley at Cedar Creek with my cockatoo when I was living in Michigan. That is a great avian practice! Thank you for taking your little one in. I am so relieved it is a manageable condition.

Cheers to a speedy recovery! :hug8:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
@finchly do you know if injections are uncommon for tiny birds?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I seriously doubt it. Several smallish birds are getting the injection of antibiotic that last for 10 days. I was referring more to the skill it must take to give the injection itself.

Last edited:

Adam21

Strolling the yard
I hope it was the right thing and it goes well, how long for it to get out of her system? Can they get it out before the 10 day period or ...? Now I'm gonna be worried for ten days, lol. If anything looks off I will call up the vet.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I hope it was the right thing and it goes well, how long for it to get out of her system? Can they get it out before the 10 day period or ...? Now I'm gonna be worried for ten days, lol. If anything looks off I will call up the vet.
How is she now? Doing better?

I don’t know, it just has to run its course.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I went to Dr.Beasley at Cedar Creek with my cockatoo when I was living in Michigan. That is a great avian practice! Thank you for taking your little one in. I am so relieved it is a manageable condition.

Cheers to a speedy recovery! :hug8:

I wish I had know about this vet when I lived in Lansing! I drove all the way to Grand Rapids to go to Cascade Hospital for Animals. Was not disappointed in the least but would have saved some driving!