• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Considering an Eclectus

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
What is a "Cleats"?

EsJ87

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Esther
LOL - Whoops . I definitely meant to type Eclectus ! My computer must've auto-corrected. :)

I saw a lovely Vos Girl, about 5 months old... Shy, quiet and seems well socialized. She was beautiful and quite charming.
The same person also has a SI Girl that is still in the process of being weaned and I will be going to see both of them this coming Saturday!

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Whew - I thought I had been typing it wrong. I'm not sure where you are but the prices seem normal for a store/breeder but not for Craigs List. Good luck. I really do like my Ekkie.

EsJ87

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Esther
I'm in SoCal - Riverside/San Diego county areas. The 2,400 tag was seen in Menifee where it is the ONLY bird store for ~50 miles...
More reasonable prices are seen in San Diego county where there are about 6 bird stores all relatively nearby.... Here the prices are ~ 1,800 or so.
I think the boy was being sold for 1,200 due to the fact he is 10 yrs old, and probably set in any bad habits he may already have. The Baby Vos Girl was set at 1,800, and the SI Girl that is still not ready to go home would be 1,600. The lady said if I really liked the Vos instead she'd let her go for 1,700... but I hear they tend to be a little less stable than the SI.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
For SoCal - I guess they sound good. I'm from the DC area so they aren't ridiculous to me.
I tend to rescue the older ones. The young ones don't seem to do well for me. I've got my one female and I've had her for almost two years. I got her off of Hoobly and it was one of the best deals I've made.

EsJ87

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Esther
I really wish I could locate an older female / rescue myself. But they don't seem to be any around my area or even within a decent driving distance. They seem pretty popular around here! That 10 yr old boy is the first "older"/rescue bird I've encountered in the last couple of months.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Keep looking - all of a sudden they are there.