• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Considering adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdlover42

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Alicia
I am considering adopting a sweet sun conure who is about 6-8 yrs old. He's now with a lady who feels she can no longer care for him and is considering rehoming him. I offered to pay an adoption fee of 100$ which was recommended by a lady who has many years of experience with many breeds of birds. I do know they are super loud and I've been around this bird a couple of times when he was being loud and didn't feel bothered by him. He seems to like me and I have fallen in love!

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
If you feel you can properly care for him and are in love, go for it!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope everything works out! :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I talked with the lady and she is not ready to let him go so I'm not sure at this point. I'm hoping....
If this isn't going to work out then keep looking. Maybe there will be another sun or another bird that you can bring into your home.

Birdlover42

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Alicia
If this isn't going to work out then keep looking. Maybe there will be another sun or another bird that you can bring into your home.
I would definitely like to adopt and have fallen in love with this sun. I'm researching and hoping to find a good fit. I did tell the lady I would pay an adoption fee of 100$ but thinking I would offer more however I don't think money is the issue.

Birdlover42

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Alicia
Soooo we have decided NOT to adopt the sun conure. I dont think his mom is ready to give him up and would be devastated if she did so....we have been doing some research and found absolutely ADORABLE quaker parrots that are currently being hand fed and will be ready at the end of October. We placed a down paymetp for a little one and can't wait to get him or her! We will get weekly updates and pictures. I will try and upload a photo of them...I'm not very good at that. We have already picked a name....Skittles because it's a cute name, my son loves Skittles candy and he's super excited about this baby bird as well. I also think Skittles is a name for a boy or a girl. Anyone who has advice on these little babies please chime in!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I love it! A new family member is always exciting and never a disappointment. None of us are perfect and we should never expect our fids to be either. Just show them plenty of love and you will be rewarded a hundred times over! Congratulations!!!

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
Well, I’m sorry that the Sun Conure didn’t work out, but congrats on your new baby Quaker! :starshower: Such a cute little bird.

I have a bird named, Skittles, as well! He is a Budgie. I hope to see more pictures/updates when you bring your baby home. :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.