1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Conjure help

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by AusulKiin, 7/23/19.

1. AusulKiin

AusulKiin Moving in

Mark
    Idk if this is the right place to post this but I just noticed my GCC sleeping on the bottom of his cage, is this concerning?

He's completely capable of sleeping up top he has the strength to jump around and climb his cage but he just decided to sleep at the bottom? I'm unsure of when hes started this for but he definitely has not been doing it for long.

2. BeanieofJustice

BeanieofJustice Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Steph
    Welcome to the forum Mark. Is he fluffed up? How old is he? Is he otherwise eating and acting normally? How does his poo look?
    My conure will go to the bottom of his cage to play. He usually has his "nap spots" but I haven't caught him napping on his cage floor. Your buddy could have just worn himself out and decided to nap, it depends.

3. AusulKiin

AusulKiin Moving in

Mark
    He was playing on the bottom beforehand (I heard him with his ball) hes around 2 I think and still has a healthy appetite and slightly watery droppings since he ate a lot of bell pepper today

4. BeanieofJustice

Steph
    He could have just fallen asleep after playing but keep an eye on him for any changes. If he gets lethargic, and/or is fluffed up for inordinate amounts of time, then it would be worth a vet visit.

5. AusulKiin

AusulKiin Moving in

Mark
    Okay thank you!

BeanieofJustice likes this.
  6. BeanieofJustice

Steph
    Keep us updated with how he does! :)

7. Mockinbirdiva

Mockinbirdiva Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Andrea
    Normally, young conures will sleep on the floor of their cage but at age two they usually don't. With that said, my two female crimson bellies do still at age 10 like to sleep on the floor of the cage as well as my black capped conure male who is also 10-11. Do keep an eye on your bird for any sign of illness. If you haven't had him long then I would suggest a vet visit to rule out anything.

8. AusulKiin

AusulKiin Moving in

Mark
    It seemed to be a one time thing I think hes fine thank you guys

BeanieofJustice and Dartman like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)