• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Congrats Daphne for Dog Potty Training

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

Daphne was taken in by us I think in ummm August (stacy is that right? she remembers everything) Daphne was NOT EVEN CLOSE to potty trained! Yep you heard it...140 lb dog at the time peeing and pooping ALL OVER MY HOUSE! As of this week..NONE! Thank goodness because my carpet cleaner is about dead. She has been successfully potty trained now for a week and is doing great! My husband likes her more because hes not slipping in her urine anymore..gross I know. But it was not her fault. Dogs do NOT potty train themselves and she was like 10 months when she arrived here. 2 months later..fully trained! YAY for DAPHNE! :dance4::dancing::dance5::dance4:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Good girlie! Poor her, no one ever taught her what was expected or how to get it right. Good for you and good for her:)

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Congrats

I can understand your hubbys point - Its never nice stepping in pee or a pile of dog poop and that Sized dog I wouldn't wanna step in their poop either lol

I've always had mainly med. dogs, my biggest dog was a Lab Mix (looked all lab to me though) and i don't like stepping in lil' dogs poop lol

I got lucky with sheba she took to house training pretty quickly - i got her at 2 months old she was born over the summer and was an outside dog the few accident she had was either A)She got overly excited or B) i was in the other room with the birds and didnt hear her whining to tell me she had to go and well she couldn't hold it any more

so none of hers were done on purpose. We'd take her out every 15mins or so and Right after she ate/drank for the first few weeks then she sort of got the hang of it and would whine or we'd take her out once she started sniffing the floor a lot and not her normal sniffing to find a thrown down bird toy we missed picking up or bird food the birds had dropped earlier LOL

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Ya i did not like stepping in it either..gross! But I am persistent and she learned! Thank goodness. I can only imagine what someone else may have done to her if at this size peed and pooped all over the house. Lucky she has good pet parents. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.