• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cone of shame

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Poor Bitsy is in E collar. He has sore on his front paw that he keeps licking. He's been to the vet's and was on antibiotics but he keeps licking so now he's In the cone. I think its slowly getting better so hopefully he won't have to in it too long. Here's a picture of him in it 20160831_200156.jpg

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Poor Bitsy is in E collar. He has sore on his front paw that he keeps licking. He's been to the vet's and was on antibiotics but he keeps licking so now he's In the cone. I think its slowly getting better so hopefully he won't have to in it too long. Here's a picture of him in it View attachment 231857
Poor boy! I hope the sore heals up fast.

I've had to use the 'cone of shame' a few times with my pups - never fun for either of us.
He sure is a handsome boy, I love his eyes! :xflove:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Thanks both of you :) He does look pretty sad there. Poor thing keeps bumping into to things. Other that dealing with it pretty well. He has a play date tomorrow so I'll take off then so he can play :) Now I have two of three of my animals in e collars :( Hopefully Zane's new collar will come soon and he'll be more comfortable

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
poor baby

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
aww, he's so cute. Hope he heals up quickly:hug8:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
My Dad's Springer Spaniel developed a sore front paw and Dad was unhappy with the cone of shame, so I went out and bought dog booties likes hunters use to keep their dogs from cutting their feet on debris or ice. I put the bootie on the foot and then wrapped the top with duct tape so he couldn't pull it off. It took about six months for that foot to heal, using all four of the booties one after the other. Dad had to take the bootie off every night to apply medication and a new dressing and put it back on. But the bootie kept Cagney out of the cone of shame! :dance4:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I did try a bootie but his paw got all swollen so I ditched that idea. I don't think I can get the ratio of tight enough to stay on but not block blood flow right. I'm glad it work for your dad thou :)

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Aww, poor baby. I hope he feels well enough to get his cone off soon.
Recover soon little friend!

CallieCadmoor

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Georgia
Not the cone!! You poor little baby! Sending lots of get better quick kissies xxxx

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Yeah he can sad puppy eyes thing pretty well. For the most part he's pretty happy-go-lucky dog. He got a break from the cone today. Im puppysitting so he been playing alot today. So he's all tucker out. :) Him and my friend's puppy are like best friends. It's so cute :heart: :faint:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
:hug8:

Dragonseer

Walking the driveway
Poor Bitsy is in E collar. He has sore on his front paw that he keeps licking. He's been to the vet's and was on antibiotics but he keeps licking so now he's In the cone.
May Bitsy's front paw heal up quickly, so that the Cone of Shame (CoS)may be put away for good.

A few years back, our cat had to wear the dreaded CoS after having a part of his toe surgically removed. While he disliked the CoS, he eventually reach the point of helping us get it back on him, whenever necessary. We'd hold the opening in front of him and he'd push his head through it. Odd, but true.