• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
Hey :) It's me! I just noticed that in the past hour or so, everyone's images, particularly in signatures, are getting resized. It puts a little thing that says "image has been resized" etc... on it and I just found it strange that that popped up all of a sudden. Is there a way to get rid of it? Like maybe making the max image size allowed a little bigger?

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
yeah, i noticed that, too.. wasn't going to say anything, though. lol

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Its set to resize 500, just like images. Im playing around with a different image resizer to see if it does the job better than the other one. Also to see if it fixes the issues that we were having with the signatures not displaying for some people.

hsmoscout

P.S. sorry about the blunt/harsh title! I hope I didn't make anyone think that someone was seriously mad or really angry about something!

hsmoscout

Its set to resize 500, just like images. Im playing around with a different image resizer to see if it does the job better than the other one. Also to see if it fixes the issues that we were having with the signatures not displaying for some people.
ok, I just didn't think it looked very attractive having that little warning bar on top of everyone's sig pics!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No prob ;)

Can you go play around on some of the threads that have pics and tell me if they are better this way or the other way? I can set the max size different too, but I want to see what this does before i do too much to it.

hsmoscout

No prob ;)

Can you go play around on some of the threads that have pics and tell me if they are better this way or the other way? I can set the max size different too, but I want to see what this does before i do too much to it.
I don't see any that have the little bar, so I don't know if they've been resized or not. I have noticed that the pics here are not as sharp as they are on other forums. Maybe that's because of the resizer too?

hsmoscout

ok, the new resizer is pretty good, I just really don't like that little warning bar!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I like this resizer. When you click an image it presents it with a darkened down background which makes the pictures "pop" more and it even has controls to go to the next image if there is more than one. :D

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
the warning on the signature is kinda annoying. One way to get rid of it is to re-upload a sig pic that doesnt have to be resized. I changed it to 600 but if we get too big, the images will start to distort the forum size.

I also bumped up the attachments resizer so it doesnt "optimize" as much as it did (its actually set higher than it was at TP), but this probably wont show on the previously uploaded images.

For the images done by links to external sites, I think this should affect them all right away. We can switch back to the other one if it works better but I want to see what you all think in terms of if this is an improvement, and if the signatures display for those that were having problems before. :)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I like this resizer. When you click an image it presents it with a darkened down background which makes the pictures "pop" more and it even has controls to go to the next image if there is more than one. :D
Thats what I was hoping for! :D

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

I have noticed that the pics here are not as sharp as they are on other forums. Maybe that's because of the resizer too?
That's not the resizer AJ. Garbage in garbage out. Shrinking them down will actually sharpen most images.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Ok I checked out some pics. I like the resizer, but pictures from photobucket aren't enlarging when you click it. Mine anyway, they're staying the same size as on the board when opened. But it's cool with the slideshow and "next" option.

hsmoscout

ok ,the pics are looking good now! The oversharpening is gone! :dance4:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I really like the fancy schmancy blackening of the pics when you click them :dance4:
I just have to fix my siggy :(

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
the warning on the signature is kinda annoying. One way to get rid of it is to re-upload a sig pic that doesnt have to be resized. I changed it to 600 but if we get too big, the images will start to distort the forum size.

Is it possible to make the signature size either one general size (not huge my screen gets messed up i only have a 13" monitor) for every body

or like a few forums i've been on, it goes by post count, if you only have under a certain amount of posts your signature can only be a certain size, then like every couple hundred more posts it gets to be bigger, but even the max for over 10,000 posts is NOT huge but a nice decent size

I can't be the only one around with a small monitor??? AM I? lol but having large siggys or ones that are extremely Long really really messes my screen up and makes it hard for me to ready anything - then I just get annoyed and don't bother reading it at all lol

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Are the big ones distorting your screen now? Thats why I dont want them to get toooo big. They were set to resize at 500 before but I bumped it up to 600...

hsmoscout

Is it possible to make the signature size either one general size (not huge my screen gets messed up i only have a 13" monitor) for every body

or like a few forums i've been on, it goes by post count, if you only have under a certain amount of posts your signature can only be a certain size, then like every couple hundred more posts it gets to be bigger, but even the max for over 10,000 posts is NOT huge but a nice decent size

I can't be the only one around with a small monitor??? AM I? lol but having large siggys or ones that are extremely Long really really messes my screen up and makes it hard for me to ready anything - then I just get annoyed and don't bother reading it at all lol
I actually like it how it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.