• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Companion Bird for Linnie??

jdmiller95

Meeting neighbors
Trying desperately to find Cody a friend and having an awful time. Do any of you know of anyone who might have linnie available within a month or so?

Alternatively, does anyone know of other bird species that could possibly get along with mine -- not in one cage, of course, but at least out to play/coexist together? I've always wanted a green cheek conure....I doubt that another species would work out, but I'm desperate and hopeful!!!

Patty Girl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Pat , Trisha, Patty Girl
Hi...Ohh your Cody is so pretty! I'm going to ask my "breeder lady" if she has a sweet Linnie that needs a home. I'll get back to you. When I bought my Linnie babies I wasn't sure if I should buy two brothers or not, but am so glad I did. Because they love each other and yet love to be with me too! So it works out good all the way around. I'll call her and let you know. :)

DerbyBirdy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lauren
We got our Mia from a pretty reputable breeder in Los Angeles! You can find him on Instagram @westcoastbirds or on Facebook. Usually replies very quickly. Breeds Linnies along with canary-winged parakeets, conures, and some larger species. He raises them to be extremely sweet and mellow. He also ships his birds to wherever you are!

Mek0060

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
We acquired our Linnies from a very nice lady in North Carolina. She said she has a hen who is taking care of two eggs that should be ready and weaned by early summer.

jdmiller95

Meeting neighbors
Thank you all so much! I've been sorta panicking because I was so planning to get a bird, but at this point I've gone to every website I can find that says anything about linnies and emailed every single person on a list of linnie breeders (most of whom either didn't reply or replied to say they don't breed anymore) and I seem to only be able to find ONE bird, whose breeder I don't particularly trust, but I might have to go with! So anything helps! I do need male though, which is part of a complication with folks whose babies are still too little to sex......