1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Comfort feeding help?

Discussion in 'Feathered Food Court' started by Garet, 10/11/18.

1. Garet

Garet Rollerblading along the road

Garet
    So, I was trying to introduce T. Rex to the concept of showering by dripping warm water on him from my fingers, and I noticed he was more interested in being 'fed' the water rather than bathing in it. He's still young, about six months old, give or take. After 'feeding', he settled down for a nap and seems quite happy.

I was just wondering if I should comfort feed the little guy, what I should offer and how I should give it to him?

I have pellets, a mashed squash/carrot mixture, plain steel cut oats, and scrambled eggs I can offer him. Should I offer a warm mixture of any of these, or should I buy baby bird formula?

I can also feed him from my fingers, a spoon, or a syringe. I was thinking about just using my fingers, since he seemed drawn to them.

SquawksNibbles likes this.
  2. Garet

Garet
    I also have fruits and veggies, of course. I can easily heat and mush a banana or whatever.

3. TikiMyn

TikiMyn Biking along the boulevard Avenue Spotlight Award

Robin
    From what I have heard, I would try offering same warm mashed sweet Potato from a spoon. Or Some baby food. or other mushy foods:D

4. Garet

Garet
    Like actual baby food or baby bird food? I wouldn't mind providing either or, I just want to make sure he's as happy as the rest of the flock.

SquawksNibbles and TikiMyn like this.
  5. TikiMyn

Robin
    I thinknyoi could do both I think, but I was reffering to the human kind:p Just make sure it is just veggies and/or fruit with no additives:)

6. Garet

Garet
    Got it. :p It's quicker and eaaeas for me to get baby food, but I wanted to be sure. I've never had a bird ask for comfort feedings before.

SquawksNibbles and TikiMyn like this.
  7. TikiMyn

Robin
    Me neither! In a way it would be adorable! Be prepared for people looking at you suspiciously when you are buying it:lol:

8. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Vendor

Tanya
    Baby food is fine too. :) I cook sweet potatoes and serve them warm. They love'em. I also sometimes soak pellets, grind in food processor, and serve that warm.

My birds all get comfort food. :D

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)