• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Cocoa's spa day

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Thats great she loves a good bath time ..so happy for you both :)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
She definitely loves that shower, wish Dobby did. If she really likes spray shower get one of the small pump up sprayers if you haven't already. Less noise and work so that's what I use on Dobby. He used to like being in the shower in his shower/travel cage but hates it when I do it, guess I'm not Momazon and that was just for them.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I spoke to the shelter today and Cocoa had been there since August and had not been spritzed, sprayed or bathed in all that time (and they did not know before that). They also didn't know what food she was on and it was the shelter that gave her the seed mix (she only eats the sunflower seeds)

Her head is full of pin feathers and she just looked so scruffy that I tried spritzing her a bit to see how she would react. The pictures say it all (sorry they are not great quality)!

Afterwards, she didnt ruffle like my guys so I held out a small towel and she stepped into it for a pat dry. She let me open a bunch of pinnies and is now napping on her perch. Next weekend, we might try the shower.

You can see my boys watching from the background. They are very interested in this new giant.❤

View attachment 257660 View attachment 257661 View attachment 257662
Just a suggestion but try giving her a 1" deep pie dish with water in it and see what she does.