• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

CoCo Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
CoCo is doing well after her TPLO surgery. We are almost through the inflammatory phase (typically lasts 3 days, today is the 4th day she's been home), so we started massaging and stretching today. She was such a good girl! She lets us do anything to her, and she LOVED the massage. We got lots of kisses! :heart:

She is being very brave and so good in her pen. She never whines or barks to get out. The pain meds keep her sleepy - though today is her last day on those. I can't believe she isn't going to be on any pain medication!!! Ugh. Makes my stomach churn.

She is eating well and not messing with her leg or incision at all. The only thing she really hates is the icing we have to do 3 times a day. I don't blame her!

I'm really proud of her!! I can't believe it's only been 4 days....seems like it's been WEEKS. I'm ready for this to be over! It is very overwhelming and time consuming. :faint: Someone always has to be in the room with her or she panics - so I'm not getting anything done around the house. I still have to do a few things for Mali's arrival on Thursday!! Oh, and the bruising - the bruising. Horrifying :faint:

Getting massaged by the fiance (look at that sweet look on her face!):

CoCo loves her cone! She actually does! When I go to put it back on her she puts her head through the hole. I call her my daisy flower :)

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
give that beautiful girl a big kiss from me....glad she is doing better...

Sunnyside

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janice
That is amazing, 4 days! She really does have a sweet, sweet face :heart:. I can only imagine how hard it is, big hugs to you! :hug8:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Awe what a sweetheart she is and I love that cone! I am soooo happy she is doing so well...how is she doing hopping on three legs? Or has she put the fourth one down yet?

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Awe what a sweetheart she is and I love that cone! I am soooo happy she is doing so well...how is she doing hopping on three legs? Or has she put the fourth one down yet?
She's been walking with all four legs since the day after her surgery! She doesn't use it properly, like bend the knee or ankle or anything, but she does put it down and use it like a crutch, with some of her weight on it. So we are excited about that!!

She does hold it up while standing or sitting though.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
That is great! It took my Coco a bit longer....I was a nervous momma every time she walked thinking she might fall and hurt herself!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Aaw, she knows Mommy and Daddy love you can see it in her eyes. :heart: I am sure by next week she will be much better!

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
That is great! It took my Coco a bit longer....I was a nervous momma every time she walked thinking she might fall and hurt herself!
I know how you felt! I'm paranoid when she's walking, but my fiance is always holding the sling, so I know he'll be able to catch her if she goes down. Yesterday I had to take her out once by myself and it was a disaster! LOL She is much too strong and heavy for me.

Aaw, she knows Mommy and Daddy love you can see it in her eyes. :heart: I am sure by next week she will be much better!
She is such a sweetheart. I can't wait for week 8 when she can be out of the pen!!! LOL The countdown is on!

And then after week 16 she can (slowly) be a normal doggy again!!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is great to hear that she is doing so well!

Matt

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
Awhhhh!! I'm so glad she is doing better now. I hope she continues to make improvements daily .

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I'm so glad she is doing well--that's strange she loves her cone--that's a first:)
She has such a sweet temperament. When we picked her up from the hospital the vet tech that was caring for her kept saying what a sensitive and sweet little girl she is. :heart:

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
She looks like such a sweetheart, i'm glad she's on the road to recovery!! :D

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
That is great news Kacy! I love the pics, and chuckled at the 'daisy flower'.:D Sending lots of good healing energy to Coco. You and fiance deserve some big hugs for helping her when she needed.:hug8::hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
That is great news Kacy! I love the pics, and chuckled at the 'daisy flower'.:D Sending lots of good healing energy to Coco. You and fiance deserve some big hugs for helping her when she needed.:hug8::hug8:
You're so sweet. Thank you, Carole :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.