• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Coco... My spoiled duck.

Teresa McKevitt

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
For the duck lovers... Here's Coco. She is our spoiled 7 year old Rouen Duck. She is outside in her garden all day but at night, she comes in and wears her duck diaper. She knows her way around the kitchen and will stand by the fridge till someone opens it to give her a treat!

Teresa

IMG_6033 - Copy.JPG

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
OMGoodness! How cute is that! She's beautiful! :swoon:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Looks like she is ready to give you a hug!

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
She is beautiful. I love the diaper. :heart: and there is no such thing as spoiled, just very loved. Ask Bella. :lol:

Yoyo'sMom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
So cute. We have a duck that boards at the hospital I work at. We fill up the treatment sink and he swims around in there. When no one else is around I let him out and he follows me everywhere.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
What a cutie.

Teresa McKevitt

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Thanks guys! She is my beautiful girl and very loved...

@RadhaVallabhi: I have 3 ducks and they do go outside during winter. They are outside everyday in their garden either playing in mud, swimming or eating my cherry tomatoes off the vine! They are very sweet. They actually do better when the weather cools off than they do in the summer. It's been way too hot here in CA and Coco with all her down feathers underneath gets overheated. She'll come and wait at the door to come in. Rainy season is their favorite. They love that rain and puddles of water. In winter, when it does get too chilly I do bring them in but they still go out and love it. :)

The ducks I have were almost meat ducks till I took them. I'm so glad I have them. I can't even imagine... They are like my version of dogs. They come when I call them and it never gets old to see them waddle.

Teresa

RadhaVallabhi

Rollerblading along the road
@Teresa McKevitt You make me want a duck! She is so beautiful and she seems so happy! I'm really glad you saved her. When I see like this it always makes me glad I'm a vegetarian!

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I'm in love :heart: :heart:

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
:heart: I love ducks

lupe

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
:xflove: what a beauty....love, love, love ducks...just ask the ones in my complex...I'm always feeding them.:rolleyes:..

Teresa McKevitt

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
@pinkharley, I know, some people see Coco with her diaper on and they have this funny look on their face... I ran into duck diapers when I did a search for my ducks because I knew that there were chicken diapers out there... I found a website from a lady back on the East Coast that have been raising ducks and geese her whole life. They were even on the Jay Leno show once with their ducks. Pretty neat. Her site sells the diapers (custom made to the kind of duck you have). The diapers, or harnesses is what I should call them, go around the neck, under the bottom, and snap across the back. I know... It seems much but the fabric really is so light -weight and super stretchy. My ducks have been wearing them for 7 years now. They do not wear them all the time though. Only inside the house at night.