• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatiels look sick

CoolBird

Moving in
Hi I bought 4 cockatiels yesterday and all of them look sick, 2 of them have been sitting at the bottom of the cage for most of the day, they've been sleeping all day and only wake up to eat and drink, they aren't talking much either. I don't have any vets near me, any idea on how I could make them feel better?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Where did you buy the birds from? If it was a store or a breeder, I would call them and ask for vet help, or they take the birds back and get them looked at.

They could be quiet and sitting on the bottom of the cage because they are scared. Do they have any other signs of illness? How are their eyes? Poops? Are they fluffed up?
If they don´t have other signs of illness, try covering half the cages with sheets to help them feel secure.

CoolBird

Moving in
The birds market I bought them from only opens on Sundays and I don't have their number.
One of them has undigested food in it's dropping, 2 of them have been fluffed up since yesterday
Where did you buy the birds from? If it was a store or a breeder, I would call them and ask for vet help, or they take the birds back and get them looked at.

They could be quiet and sitting on the bottom of the cage because they are scared. Do they have any other signs of illness? How are their eyes? Poops? Are they fluffed up?
If they don´t have other signs of illness, try covering half the cages with sheets to help them feel secure.
The birds market I bought them from only opens on Sundays and I don't have their number.

One of them has undigested food in it's dropping, 2 of them have been fluffed up since yesterday

Crazy4parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María

Please take them to the vet! Undigested food in poop is not good.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
See if you can contact the Zoology department at the University of Karachi. They might know someone in the city who can treat your birds.