1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiels breed around conures?

Discussion in 'Breeders Boulevard' started by NandayLover, 2/9/18.

1. NandayLover

NandayLover Walking the driveway

I have a pair of cockatiels in a large cage in my bird room. The bird room also has my 5 pet Conures in it. The conures are never on or in the tiel cage. Will my tiels breed even with the conures in the room? I know some species won't breed if larger, louder birds are present

2. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    I hope not. We don’t really need more cockatiels than are already out there.

3. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! Evil Villain

Michelle
    I've never heard that birds won't breed because they're around other birds........

4. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor BINGO CHAMPION I Can't Stop Posting! Evil Villain

Shawna
    If they don't feel comfortable in your home the female may not lay eggs, that would be the only thing I could think of. Are you TRYING to breed them or seeing if conures are a good form of birth control?

5. Laurul Feather Cat

Laurul Feather Cat Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Lois
    My cockatiels are always trying to breed and I am always trying to limit their breeding. There are so many unwanted birds in rescues already.

6. NandayLover

NandayLover Walking the driveway

Trying to breed them. They are a proven pair

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)