• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatiels Blue Tongue and strange sounds

sleepysami

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sami
Hello my cockatiels ab 5 months old and this morning, suddenly, i noticed the tip of his tounge is blue, his beaks a but red, and he was making a weird wheezing sound? please let me know what i should do. besides all that he’s acting normal . :(

Attachments

enigma731

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I can't tell anything from that picture but if you think he's having trouble breathing then you should go to the vet immediately.

sleepysami

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sami
I can't tell anything from that picture but if you think he's having trouble breathing then you should go to the vet immediately.
it only happens when he tried to speak earlier, he makes like a honk/wheeze sounds weird.. but besides that he’s breathing fine and i don’t hear anything. that’s why i’m confused but i’m gonna get him checked up anyways.

sleepysami

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sami
he’s not wheezing anymore maybe there was something stuck in his throat for a second? i’m a new cockatiel owner so i get really nervous ab everything.