1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cockatiel sleeping techniques

Discussion in 'Cockatiel Corner' started by Sops1306, 10/6/19.

1. Sops1306

Sops1306 Meeting neighbors

Sophie
    Hi how is everyone today?
    Just wondering if it's normal for a female cockatiel to sleep without her head tucked in,
    My male is quite a lot older and sleeps with his head tucked behind him where as my female is only about 7 month old and she always sleeps with her head straight forward,
    Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Khizz likes this.
  2. Khizz

Khizz Sprinting down the street

Mine seem to vary. Generally they sleep with their heads down slightly, not tucked under their wing, but that's only what I noticed during the day for their naps. During the night perhaps they adopt different sleep positions. As far as I am aware it's perfectly normal.

Sops1306 and Cloud like this.
  3. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Joyriding the Neighborhood Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Deanna
    If she acting normally, playing, eating, etc. it’s fine if she sleeps without her head tucked in. Mine sometimes do that in the daytime when it’s a short nap. If she’s sitting fluffed up, not active, and looks generally I’ll, then she is sick and should see a vet.

4. Sops1306

Sops1306 Meeting neighbors

Sophie
    Thanks for your reply she's definitely acting normal, I only notice it during the day as I have them covered up on a night.

Tiel Feathers likes this.
  5. Ripshod

Ripshod Rollerblading along the road

Linden
    Tau only ever tucked his head over his back when he wasn't feeling himself. Every tiel is different. Some will do it all the time, some will never. They'll do what's most relaxed and comfortable for them.

Sops1306 likes this.
  6. AutumnRain

AutumnRain Jogging around the block

Kelsey
    My female tiel almost always sleeps without her head tucked. She usually sleeps with one eye open as well unless she's sitting on me because then she feels safer.

Sops1306, Tiel Feathers and Ripshod like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)